40. Victory

Mingi's arm was linked with Yunho's tattooed one as they strode down the corridor. Today was the big day. The day the king would announce his decision about the pixies to his advisors. Depending on how it went, Yunho and Mingi either would have to placate two raging pixies tonight or prepare for a public speech so they could introduce their new law to their people.

Yunho brimmed with excitement ever since the morning. His kisses on Mingi's lips had been rushed and jittery, but his confidence never wavered.

The couple was halfway down the hallway, and Yunho trembled with tension. Mingi didn't know what to tell him to ease his mind, so he just clutched onto the prince tightly to show his silent support. Just as he wanted to provide some empty words of positivity, Yunho halted in his tracks abruptly. Forced to a standstill, Mingi did as well and looked up ahead to see what had his prince falter.

It was San, who clearly hadn't arrived at today's meeting yet, either. Instead, he stood leaned against the wall between a dresser and a painting with a person trapped between the wall and him. Legs clad in skin-tight leather had wrapped around San's exposed waist, smaller than those of a demon ever could be.

Wooyoung had draped his arms around San's neck, his fingers in the prince's hair as they kissed. The demon's frame towered over the pixie, broad shoulders hiding away Wooyoung from curious onlookers. Mingi's eyes stuck to the way the man's muscular arms enclosed the pixie gently to hold him in position and up between the wall and his chest.

A wet sound travelled between their lips, followed by a breathy gasp from Wooyoung.

"San," he mumbled against the other man's lips, his thin voice no more than a dreamy sigh.

San hummed in response before he surged in again, his tongue tangling with that of the pixie. Softer than anything Mingi had ever seen from him, San's fingers caressed Wooyoung's porcelain white skin. Without his horns, he didn't look too overbearing. His kisses were passionate, and he held Wooyoung possessively, but in Mingi's eyes, their agreement looked mutual.

After Yunho had assessed the situation and came to the same conclusion, he loudly cleared his throat. Instantly, San's head snapped around to look at them while Wooyoung shyly hid his face in his neck. Shock mixed with the embarrassment on their faces.

Oh, how Mingi wanted to make a teasing remark. How he wanted to remind San of what he had thought about the pixies a few days ago. But he wasn't the talking one, and neither Mingi nor Yunho would try to insult Wooyoung.

"Some decency, please. Also, don't forget our meeting," was all Yunho said before he tugged Mingi past the two of them. After they had passed, Mingi strained his ears to hear the uncanny duo talk.

"San, they saw," Wooyoung whispered in hushed panic. He got shut up with yet another kiss, only a whine stifling between the two of them.

"It's fine. They are cowards; they won't bring it up. We won't tell anyone else," San promised him sweetly. His confidence veiled his tension only thinly, but at least he knew he could trust Yunho's and Mingi's silence. To them, his surprising relationship with the pixie didn't matter.

When they fell quiet, Mingi withstood the need to glance over his shoulder. Soon, he rounded the corner with Yunho without either of them addressing the issue.

As if they had seen nothing, the two of them entered the meeting room. San's sister was already there, glaring at San's empty seat. Hongjoong perched on the chair next to Gunho. His legs that didn't reach the floor with how tall the chairs were compared to him dangled above the ground nervously. He also looked around for Wooyoung, his face falling when the newcomers once more disappointed his expectations.