8. Morning Call

When Mingi came to wake Yunho with breakfast the next day, San was already in the prince's chambers. He perched on Yunho's bed while the crown prince cruised around the room to pick out his clothes and put them on. As soon as Yunho spotted Mingi, a smile spread across his features.

"Ah, good morning, Mingi. As you can see, I don't need to be woken again. A certain troublemaker took it upon himself to get that done already," he chuckled in good humour. Mingi set down the tray on the table before he came over to aid Mingi with his jewellery. At the politely veiled insult, San scoffed but scooted aside so Yunho could sit down.

"Not to offend your servant but my waking methods are likely far more pleasant."

Yunho raised his wrists so Mingi could put on his bracelets. They stood close to each other, tails interweaving mindlessly as neither of them paid attention. Mingi kept respectfully quiet, but his brain was full of unanswered questions.

"How would you know? You do not know how Mingi wakes me," Yunho said without releasing Mingi from his eyes. Flattered, Mingi dared a private smile. Yunho picked up on it and smiled back. His head and mighty horns tipped to allow access to his neck.

San observed them. His fingers played with the laces of his sandals.

"Then, which do you prefer? However he wakes you, or kisses from me?"

Mingi swallowed. Yunho's sharp eyes followed the movement of his throat, but their shine never altered from its peacefulness.

So San shared the queen's interest in marriage. How had Yunho not mentioned it before? Likely because Mingi was still new around the palace, but the public would have caught onto such promising news, too. Mingi had heard no rumours about it.

The hint of envy in Mingi's heart was overshadowed by his wonder if Yunho felt the same. It didn't seem like it.

"You won't like the answer." Yunho grinned cheekily in San's direction. Indignantly, the prince gasped and seized Mingi up. Suddenly put in the spot by the demon's trigger-happy glare, Mingi struggled to close the hook of Yunho's necklace. When he noticed, Yunho sat up straighter so Mingi's arms could rest on his shoulders and ease their tremors. Warm their skin brushed.

"Don't get me wrong. I like kisses in the morning. But when you came to me earlier, I fully predicted it to be Mingi who woke me. Naturally, my mind was with him when you kissed me."

Abruptly, Mingi closed the necklace and took a step back. He hid his shocked features by turning back towards the wall as he pretended it took him extra long to find the decorative chain for Yunho's horns. Before San could comment, Yunho let his tail separate from Mingi's.

"Oh? So that's why you kissed me back for once. I was wondering already. You find your servant attractive?" The sheets ruffled when San rose from the bed. When he appeared at Mingi's side to press up against his shoulder without warning, Mingi stiffened. Through the cropped red top that San wore today, his muscular chest touched Mingi's arm.

"Let's not objectify him. He's not a plaything, and I didn't intend to put him on the spot," Yunho replied, ever so diplomatically.

Mingi exhaled, nearly dropping the chain when San reached up to touch his horns boldly. His fingers curled around the curve, wrapping fully around it. When he pulled to turn Mingi to face him, a little whine dropped from Mingi's lips. He averted his eyes and nervously bit his lip as San scrutinised him.

"He's not too bad," San commented with all the ease in the world. His fangs flashed when he grinned at Mingi. "So you don't play with him?"

"I don't. Stop bothering him."