39. An Apology

"You have a visitor, Mingi."

Sleepily, Mingi rolled onto his back to brush the curtains aside. Around the corner leading towards the living room stood Yeosang, hands patiently clasped behind his back. He met Mingi's early morning confusion with a smile.

"This early?"

"Yes. Shall I allow him in?"

Hand already shaking on Yunho's arm, Mingi sat up to rub his eyes.

"Give us two minutes to get dressed," he yawned. With a chuckle, Yeosang dipped out of the room.

Yunho had taken notice of their situation by now. One of his arms still wrapped around Mingi's waist stubbornly. He saw no reason to let go of Mingi so early already.

Gently, Mingi pushed his arm off to slip into his pants. Quick fingers brushed his hair back before he handed Yunho his clothes of the day. His eyes got stuck on the breathtaking man that Yunho was, even as he rolled in the sheets unwillingly.

Before the door had to spur him into action, Yunho at least put on his pants. He disappeared into the bathing area to wash his face as Mingi stumbled to greet his visitor outside.

With one horn and a crooked smile, Seonghwa stood in front of the door.

"Oh, it's just you," Mingi muttered groggily as he let him in. The sudden hit of an elbow into his rips woke Mingi up. They snickered at his dramatic gasp.

"What do you mean, just me? At least pretend as if the politeness of the court applies to you." With his bag in tow, Seonghwa got comfortable on the divan. Mingi sat down next to him, still not awake entirely, as he prepared some tea and cookies for them to snack on.

"What do I owe the honour?" Mingi asked exaggeratedly excited. His soundless laughter trembled in his hooves when Seonghwa's tail slapped his indignantly.

"The prince's pants. I had to find them again and make sure they were in an acceptable condition before I could return them."

As he pulled the fabric from his bag, Yunho reappeared from the other room. His cheerful grin was more blinding in the morning than the daylight outside. Contrary to Mingi, he had the ability to look presentable within a few minutes.

"Hello, Seonghwa," Yunho greeted him as he sat down opposite of them. Seonghwa politely bowed his head as he copied the welcome.

"They are as good as new," Seonghwa announced with a beckon at the pants. He stifled his triumphant grin in his mug when Yunho picked up the garment to marvel at his invisible work.

"This is incredible. I must owe you quite a price."

"You don't. It's a favour I did for my clumsy friend here." When Seonghwa ruffled Mingi's hair brotherly, Mingi batted at him as if at an annoying insect. Chuckling, Yunho watched their antics as he set down the pants again to reach for a cookie instead.

"Then at least allow me to demand your services more often and to recommend them to my friends here in the castle."

With a charming smile, Seonghwa set his mug down.

"Of course, Your Highness."

"Just Yunho, please," Yunho muttered, but his words got drowned in the noise of a knock on the door. All three of them diverted their attention to the entrance when Yunho called for the guest to enter.

It was Hongjoong. His piercings dangled from his ears as he peeked his head inside at a much lower height than the group of demons would have expected. Now that he had the time and place, he had fixed his hair in a nice updo with prettily braided strands.