17. Bedroom Secrets

Mild smut towads the end

*******

A few days passed without the king returning from his mission. The castle remained humbly quiet, and Mingi didn't see Jongho around either. The news of the pixie criminal drawing closer to the centre kingdom still graced their ears from time to time. Every new incident proved that so far, possible hunting attempts hadn't been successful, and Yunho's grim expression etched onto his face more and more.

One morning, Mingi found Yunho on his divan, reading in the same pose he had left him in last night. Mingi worriedly studied his fatigued features as he set down the tray of food next to him. The fragrance of fresh food brought some spirits back to Yunho, pulling him from his trance. With a sigh, he closed the book and ran a hand through his hair.

"Did you sleep at all?" Mingi inquired quietly. The concern lacing his voice reached Yunho despite his distraction, and pulled an appreciative smile from him.

"I took a nap for a few hours. This matter bothers me. I would like to know the people safe out there. Last evening after you left, I got another note saying that the criminal has invaded our kingdom by now. He is still near the border, but he is coming closer."

Mingi's stomach churned nervously. Unlike Yunho, he had no responsibility for the citizens of the kingdom, but his empathy had him just as stressed as the prince. That, and the reminder that whenever he looked at Yunho's horns, he remembered that those were the most sought after horns in the kingdom. The pixie would have all the reason to steal them if he sought for a trophy. After discovering that several people had died by now from the injuries they sustained, Mingi was afraid for Yunho.

"He's moving towards the castle. It's not hard to guess that he is after our royal horns. My father insists we heighten the security and trap him once he shows up in our vicinity. I would rather fewer people get hurt. To me, it doesn't matter their status if their lives are being threatened."

Yunho swung his legs down from the divan so they could face each other. The sight of food had him sigh, but he forced a few bites down. Quietly, Mingi ate his share.

"It baffles me we can't find him. His wit and strength differ from the pixies we've met, and I expect that. But he hides away so well, and that concerns me. I don't want many more demons to die from his hands or lose their purpose."

Venting his worries helped Yunho. His face had cleared some, his movements of eating becoming more secure as he replenished his powers with nutrients.

"I await my father's return eagerly. If San and I could hunt him down together, I'm sure we would succeed. I'm also not above using myself as a bait to make sure the pixie gets restrained. But of course, my rank makes it troublesome."

Mingi's tail felt itself along the divan and the low table between them. He found Yunho's tail hanging from his side limply; the tip lying lifelessly on the ground. When Yunho felt Mingi slithering closer hesitantly, he lifted the tip to wrap around. Gladly, Mingi took the opportunity to convey his silent support.

"I read about pixies all night long to find out about this special case. I wondered if the criminal might not be a pureblooded pixie but a mix. But if he were, he most likely wouldn't be able to hide away so well."

Numb, Mingi nodded. He knew little about pixies. He only knew that they were smaller than demons and that their magic-filled bodies were a perfect dessert.

Once more, Yunho ruffled his unruly hair. He had rid himself of some of his heavier accessories, as they had put a strain on him in the night. Some of his necklaces and the horn rings located in a pile next to them on the table.