25. Ripped

Mingi awoke - to his greatest chagrin - alone and without Yunho even in sight. Instead of the tall prince, a different person scurried through the room.

Blinking blearily at them, Mingi tried to identify them by the shape of their horns. Soon, he recognised those bowed arches and surprisedly lifted his head off the pillow. A heavenly soft pillow in a big, round bed. Somebody had closed the curtains around it to ensure some privacy for Mingi's naked body, even when partially covered by a blanket.

When Mingi pushed himself up, two sensations hit him at the same time. One, his arms nearly giving out on him since they still felt like goo. Two, the shocking revelation that he didn't feel sticky anymore and his dirtied skin had been cleaned to smell of fragrant herbs.

Yeosang perked up from where he cleared away the dishes on the living room table. Through the veil, Mingi couldn't see his expression, but he heard him call a cheery greeting at him.

"Oh, hello, Yeosang," Mingi replied, still confused by why the fellow servant was here. Had Yunho left to take part in his duties already? Did Yeosang know Mingi would be here or had he walked in on accident?

Mingi wanted to burrow under the blankets to hide from the inquisitive questions coming his way, but Yeosang already approached the bed. With confident fingers, he pulled the curtains back and fastened them on the side. Bashful, Mingi watched him.

"Anything you need? Yunho told me to look after you. It smelled as if you two had an exciting start to the day." He didn't say it to mock, but the teasing tilt in his voice still had Mingi bury his face in his hands. His hips throbbed with a dull reminder of said morning activities.

"Could you bring me some clothes? I think I need to wash my old ones." Mingi evaded the indirect query to the best of his abilities. The shine in Yeosang's eyes told him that he wanted to tease, but he held his tongue.

"Consider it done." From the nightstand next to him, Yeosang picked up a pile of neatly folded fabric. He set it down in front of Mingi.

"I allowed myself into your room. I hope you don't mind."

Mingi waved it off as he pulled his pants on. He was sore, his body aching in protest of moving already. He left the shirt, for now, going for a hesitant stretch first. Yeosang eyed his piercing with a content smile.

"I also brought you some soup and an ointment to help with the pain. Although I would prefer not having to help you put it on."

Laughter bubbled over Mingi's lips as he joined the other man in the living area. It was tidy, the traces of his evening with Yunho cleaned up. Yeosang sat down on the divan opposite of Mingi and elegantly crossed his legs as he watched Mingi taking his bread apart.

"I will manage; thank you. Does this bother you? You don't have to pretend for me." Even when he dreaded the answer, Mingi bravely met Yeosang's gaze. The man put his chin into his hand, watching Mingi with great interest.

"What do you think Yunho and I are?"

Mingi studied the faint smile on Yeosang's carved features, how elegant and mysterious it made him look. Just when his mind tried to compare them, Mingi shoved the thoughts off. Yunho didn't spend so much time teaching Mingi confidence for him to disregard his advice like that.

"He told me your relationship was strictly that between a servant who asked to share a bed and a prince who agreed," Mingi spoke truthfully. Yeosang nodded, unperturbed that the information had made its rounds.

"Exactly. Which differs vastly from you two. I am not romantically involved with him, so I won't get between you two lovebirds. On the contrary. Do you mind me being here?"