35. Sawing

The door banged against the wall when Hongjoong threw it open. Mingi flinched and startled out of his fitful slumber. Instantly, he scrambled further into the corner he was already pressed into and rolled up in his long limbs. His free hand flattened over his stomach to hold on to the small pendant on his piercing and gather its protective energy.

Hongjoong stood on top of the stairs in the sliver of light that cast around his person. It broke a few centimetres shy of his body, as if its rays didn't dare touch the aura wavering around him. While the lack of wings minimised his pixie characteristics, his magic had taken no damage.

When the blue-haired man marched down the tall stairs, Mingi bit his lip. He didn't dare talk out of fear that he would get shut up for being a nuisance. If he complied, maybe the pixies showed mercy, just how Yunho would do it for them.

"Had a nice rest, lamb?" Hongjoong snarled at him as he wrapped a small hand around one of Mingi's horns. The grip was stifling as he yanked on the sensitive appendage. Pained, Mingi let himself get pulled to avoid the worst torment. The tight hold on his horns made him claustrophobic, and his tail trembled behind him as he was dragged to his feet. Ducked far down so Hongjoong could hold him, Mingi got wrenched out of the basement. Upstairs, all window shutters were barricaded to match the safety protocol of the town. Unfortunately, they also hid Mingi from view. A few candles burnt in the dining room Mingi got hauled into.

With surprising strength, Hongjoong threw Mingi forwards. He crashed into the table and hit his ribs, but took the pain with a swallowed sob. He had cried most of the night, so he had no more tears left to shed in his terror now. Burning eyes looked between Hongjoong and his companion, who was in the room as well. He had shed his cloak finally, and Mingi got to see his face and body that donned a light leather outfit meant for hunting.

The second pixie looked similar to Hongjoong and yet entirely different. His hair was silvery white and mostly chopped short safe for the long and thin braid that slipped over his shoulder to rest on his chest. Green pearls and golden rings were carefully woven into it and softened the otherwise grim look. His purple eyes were narrow, full lips pinched to a thin line as he eyed Mingi. Tall ears twitched at every noise that travelled inside the house from the far main street.

The second pixie wore a sabre and a knife on his belt. But he also had no wings.

When Hongjoong's hands grabbed Mingi roughly once more, Mingi couldn't help the panicked noise that escaped him. It was no more but a tiny squeak, barely audible.

Hongjoong stared at him for a moment before his lips twitched into a mocking smile. His hands shoved Mingi down on the desk lengthwise with his chest facing the ceiling.

"That's the terror we like to see. Who are you, innocent one?" He tore on Mingi's leg until Mingi believed it would pop from its socket. Once he was in position and his legs bent at his knees to dangle from the desk, Hongjoong fastened his hoof to the table's legs. Trembling, Mingi pinched his thighs together. He didn't dare pull away, but his instinct withstood being spread open and tied down.

The choice was taken from him when the second pixie grabbed his arms and looped sturdy rope around them. Like an X, Mingi got spread out on all four corners of the desk.

"I'm M-Mingi," he responded throatily. His voice was rough from crying and fretting in panic all night. Still, Hongjoong heard him. With a jerk, he pulled the rope taut until it dug into Mingi's leg viciously.

He stayed perfectly silent. His insides were a mess of clenched knots that urged him to a reaction. Every instinct made for a dangerous trap.

"Mingi, huh? I didn't think I would see your pretty horns again after that meeting at the tailor shop. But then you appeared in His Highness' bed."