The old man cut her off, "Enough, clearly you are not fit for the job. We'll have someone else handle it."

Ren's mother hung her head, "I-I understand..."

As Gon and Ren ran through the forest Ren smiled, "Come on Gon I wanna show you something."

"Don't worry I'm coming. I'm coming," Gon replied

As Ren turned the corner Gon was amazed to see a giant mountain with small trickling water. Ren cupped his hands together and waited till water filled his hands. He then brought it to his mouth he drank it.

Ren turned to Gon, "The water is really clean! This mountain used to be filled with springs!"

Gon ran up to Ren and cupped his own hand as water trickled in. Slowly bringing it to his mouth Gon was amazed, "Wow! This water is so clean!"

"I know right!" Ren replied, "But after a while, the springs stopped flowing. Or that's what my dad said at least."

Gon turned to the mountain and traced it with his hand. Gon was in a daze till Ren shouted his name. Gon turned to Ren, "Oh! Yes, Ren?"

"Come on!" Ren said as he started to run into the forest

"Ren! Slow down!" Gon shouted as he ran after Ren

Ren then stopped suddenly. Gon caught up to him and looked where Ren was looking at. There stood a masked man staring right at him. Before they knew it the man came up right at them. Gon then noticed the man was running towards Ren. Gon ran towards the man and kicked him into a tree.

The man groaned, "Ugh... What the hell?"

Gon grabbed the man by his collar, "Who are you!?"

The man was surprised by Gon's loud voice and spoke, "Hey. Hey, please put me down let me explain!"

Gon frowned, slowly letting him down. The man took off his mask revealing blond hair and soft blue eyes. Ren ran up to the man, "Daddy!"

The man kneeled down and hugged Ren and sighed, "I finally found you..."

Gon once realizing it was Ren's dad, bowed and apologized, "I'm so sorry for hurting you!"

The man chuckled and stood up carrying Ren, "It's alright. To be honest I'm thankful you were trying to protect him. I'm Yuto."

"I'm Gon!" Gon smiled making the man freeze once he saw Gon's face. Gon tilted his head in confusion, "Is there something wrong?"

The man snapped out of his daze and exclaimed, "Woah! You look just like him!"

"Huh?" Gon said, "Look like who?"

"Killua's lover. You know the one from the story," The man replied, "Man... It's like you guys are almost identical..." The man's shocked expression turned into a frown, "Wait. How long have you been here?"

"Oh, just about one night. I was planning to leave today," Gon replied

"Did you eat anything they fed you?" Ren's dad said

"Um, a really bad-tasting sandwich that I spit out, and another one," Gon replied confused

Ren's dad spoke suddenly, "You need to leave. Now."

Gon was lost, "What are you talking about?"

Ren's dad looked around before looking Gon dead in the eye, "Listen these people are crazy. It took me a whole year just to escape from them. And now that I have Ren I can finally move on in life."

Gon was still lost, "What...? What do you mean they're crazy?"

"These people... They worship the god Killua to a drastic extent. They're crazy about him. They believe that the annual storms that come around are a result of an unhappy god. And they'll do anything to please him." Ren's dad explained, "Once I saw it I knew I had to leave..."