Chapter 35

< CLEANE XYZ >

< CLEANE XYZ >

Kinagabihan ay pumunta ulit sa room ko si Gelo at may dalang isang pares ng puting Nike sports shoes.

"Para saan 'to, Bhe? Wala naman ako'ng sports na nilalaro 'diba?" tanong ko sa kanya.

"Bhe. . . Just wear it for tomorrow until the end of Intramurals. Please?"

"Pinaggastusan mo pa talaga 'to."

"But it doesn't cost as much as you. . ."

"Eh, wala naman akong presyo 'diba?"

He smiles sweetly and squeezes my cheeks. "That means, you're priceless, Bhe. Take a look at yourself in the mirror."

He holds my wrist and directs me to a full- body mirror placed at the corner of my room. "Do you see any price tag?" he continues. Umiling ako habang nakatingin kaming dalawa sa reflection namin sa salamin. At si Gelo ay nasa likod ko. "That's because you're equivalent to no sum of money. That just shows you're priceless," he expresses as he gives me a back hug. His arms wrapping around my waist, hands lock flatly just below my belly button, and his chin is resting on my right shoulder.

Still holding the pair of shoes in front of me, arms rested straight, I say, "Thank you, Gelo. . ." with a shy smile.

"No need to thank me, little angel," he replies and he kisses my right shoulder. "Nagsasabi lang naman ako ng totoo."

"And believe me when I say it, too, Gelo. . . You are priceless."

Ang pangalawang araw ng Intramurals ang simula ng sports fest.

Suot ko ang pares ng Nike sports shoes na binigay sa'kin ni Gelo kagabi. At nang makita ko siya sa labas ng kwarto ko, my eyes travel from his head-which has his God-like face and perfectly brushed hair- to his body and legs covered with their program shirt and jersey shorts numbered 23, and down to his feet with white Nike shoes.

It looks very familiar. Hmmm. . . And then it hits me right away.

I bend my head downward to look at my shoes and I'm wearing the same shoes he's wearing-- the pair he gave me last night! I look at his shoes again to ensure it's the same and it is.