Chapter 23

< GELO TRAVIS >

< GELO TRAVIS >

Since the first time I met Cleane, of which of course, I didn't know his name yet, only to know after I hear, probably his mother called him by it. At that very moment, I have never thought that someone would step up for me. Not until he appeared.

I gotta be honest, I have never known love at that young age. I was probably amazed by how he is: cute, kind, smart and brave. While me? Hindi ako matalino, hindi rin ako matapang. I even have tanned complexion but not black, and I have scars from chicken pox.

And, what made it worse? I had acne breakouts when I was eleven.

Not only did it demolish my confidence, but it made me hide myself from Cleane. Who, by that time, is a popular student of our school because as I said, he's a genius. Like very genius. He was always the top student of our batch and wins almost all contests he joined. And like always, I was there to cheer for him. Secretly.

Palagi siyang nakasakay sa tricycle noon kapag pumupunta sa school. At palagi ko ring sinisiguro na nakikita ko siyang safe na nakakarating dahil hinihintay ko siya palagi sa babaan niya ng tricycle.

Mahirap lang kami noon. Not until Dad became an OFW, a Domestic Helper in Italy, and it was him who inherited his employer's assets and other properties when he died. Sabi ni Dad na napakaclose nilang dalawa. His employer even treated him as his son. And so, in his last will of testament, he wrote Dad's name as the only inheritor because he has no other inheritor to proclaim. Fortunate for us, isn't it?

We became instant millionaires but it does not mean that I must change my attitude. Yet, because of that, it has given me the opportunity to take care of myself. It has given me the chance to groom for myself. I went to a dermatologist to help with my skin, and I bought products that'll make me look good.

I was in high school then when we suddenly became rich. And by that time, Cleane and I went on our separate ways.

Dad established a hotel for which he named Tigra Givlet Hotel; patterned with our family's names: Trystan, my father; Gellie Grace, my mother; Gavrielle Troy, Kuya; and me, Gelo Travis. And up to this date, it's been running smoothly and we'll be establishing more in the country.