Chapter 73

Another month had gone by, Charlie received an urgent letter from Tonks, worried that it may have been something concerning Ron and his friends he hurried out leaving Jessica a simple note telling her where he had gone. Archie asked question after question.

He got to the point where Jessica urged him to go and play with River or chase his sisters around. Jessica was growing more worried by the second, she didn't expect Charlie to be gone for over four hours, not without at least warning her first.

"Darling, please don't stress, I'm sure he'll be just fine," he grandmother tried to assure her

"No offence Nanna, it's not that I'm worried, it's just-" she stopped herself, realising her grandmother was a muggle and had no clue of what state the wizarding world was currently in. "oh, nevermind,"

"No tell me, I might not be fully aware, but I can understand to some degree,"

"No Nanna, I think this is a little more different than you think,"

"Try me," Jessica eyed her grandmother

"War is war, my dear. I was your age during World War II, it's not easy. I'll admit we didn't have your father till after, but I understand how it feels to worry about your husband,"

"I'm sorry Nanna, it's just with the children, Charlie's worried about his family, I'm worried about dad, my head is just all over the place,"

"Here, you sit down, I'll make you a cup of tea,"

Once Jessica had the time to actually sit down and relax, her Nanna was right. War is war regardless if it's magical or muggle, there are horrors in both circumstances. She just prayed that when Charlie returned it was with good news, though with the letter being urgent she had her doubts.

"Daddy's back!" Archie shouted through the house, Jessica hurried towards them, to her surprise Charlie seemed genuinely happy, and not fake smiling for the children.

"What happened is everything alright?" she asked

"Yes, everything's really great,"

"Oh thank god, I was panicking over here," he chuckled

"I do have some good news," Jessica waited for him to continue. "Tonks and Remus had a baby,"

"What?" she exclaimed "I didn't even know she was pregnant,"

"I know me neither, it's insane, he is adorable though, Teddy they've called him,"

"You saw the baby without me," she sulked

"How was I suppose to know what she wanted, I thought it was about Ron,"

"I suppose, who does he look like most?" she asked

"No one knows, he's a Metamorphmagus like Tonks, though when he fell asleep I thought he looked more like Remus,"

"Aww, a bet he's so adorable, I can't believe you've been there all this time,"

"I lost track of time, I was going to-

Charlie was cut off by a knock at the door, they hadn't had a single visitor the whole time they had been here. Charlie stood behind the door, while Jessica's Grandmother opened the door, he recognised the familiar voice and lowered his wand.

"Is Jessica here, I'm her cousin,"

"Lou," Jessica hugged her quickly pulling her inside, she was followed closely by Oliver Wood, who had accompanied her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Harry's been sighted," she handed them a copy of the daily prophet, "they think he's heading to Hogwarts,"

"If he is in fact going there, we said we're going too," Oliver added

"Why?" Jessica questioned

"Hogwarts, was practically our home for seven years, I'm going to fight for it,"

"Ginny's there too," Charlie said, "the school is already run by Snape, Death Eaters will have easy access to the School, the Carrows are already running the place,"

"Kat and Rora are there too," Jessica said,

"I'll alert the Order," Charlie said,

"Are you coming?" Louisa asked

Jessica spoke with her grandparents they were more than reasonable to have Archie, Mary and Anna. Charlie was going with or without her, his sister was there, and potentially his brother was heading there with Harry. Oliver and Louisa, left as they were gathering all the Quidditch teams they could. With wizards in the air, they were eyes for those down below.

"Come on, we need to get the Dragons ready," Charlie quickly said,

Pulling Jessica outside, where they walked down into Charlie backpack, he hadn't realised he had spoken freely about the dragons in front of her grandparents. They didn't seem too surprising, if wizards were real surely dragons were too, they were winged dinosaurs.

"I get Suri saddled up, while you-

"We're going to be riding Suri?" she questioned

"She can behave when she wants to," Charlie said, "now go get Bren, Meg and Abi"

Jessica nodded hurried to the Phoenix enclosure, the young Phoenix flew down to her, he had grown quite a bit, but still just a young one. She held out her arm the Phoenix perched himself on her arm she took him to Charlie, she smiled at the two of them.

"Right, go and put the harness on Meg and Abi," he told her.

"Okay, which legs go in?" she asked, as they had six

"The front ones,"

"Okay, so just two,"

"No four, the back two are hind legs," he explained tightening the saddle around Suri, she nodded hurrying to the Wampus enclosure.

Jessica finds the harness Charlie wanted them to wear, it would protect them in case they did get hit. They were bulky and had a firm handle on top, she called Meg and Abi, she could hear one of them in the distance, Abi jumped down from a tree above her, Jessica didn't even notice her in the tree.

"Alright, so this goes like that," she fastened the buckle around Abi's stomach. The Wampus looked around her, signing loudly.

"I know it looks stupid, but you need it," she said, she fastens Meg's harness on once she reached her. The three of them ran back to Charlie though the two cats ran much slower than they could so Jessica could keep up with them.

"Good, get on," he said, Jessica clenched her fist, climbing onto the Dragon, Norberta was also saddled up to leave. Bren held the handles of Meg and Abi's harness lifting them up, Jessica almost forgot that Phoenix could heavy loads for many miles.

"Are you ready?" he asked, she wrapped her arms around his waist

"Yes,"

Fiery Dragon | 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘞𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘺On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara