Chapter 42

Jessica loved her family dearly and enjoyed her birthday surprise, though her father's fear of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named worried her. Samuel Harper might have always kept strong for his wife and daughter, However, Jessica could always tell when something bothered him.

If the You-Know-Who were to return her father would be hunted down by death eaters. Jessica's father was Muggleborn and she often wondered how he survived the first wizarding war, back in the 70s. Though she had a feeling her pureblood mother helped out a great deal.

Charlie watched Archie by himself all day, as Jessica's mind was somewhere else. Charlie understood that Jessica worried for her father, after all, Jessica was all he had. River followed Charlie everywhere he went, mainly because he had Archie in his arms.

River had formed a strong bond with Archie, she slept under his crib at night. She laid carefully next to him on the floor, Jessica was confident that River wouldn't hurt Archie but she still wouldn't leave them alone together. The morning post came through with an owl, though they appeared to be more post than usual.

"Charlie there's a letter addressed to you," Mrs Winters said, "seems like a personal letter," Charlie adjusted Archie in his arms

"Here, I'll take him," Jessica bouncing Archie around while Charlie read his letter.

Dear Charlie Weasley,

Hi, I'm not sure if you remember me, I'm Rhea Black. George said, it would be alright for me the owl you, I'm so sorry if it isn't. You see my sister, well cousin really. She loves magical creatures, has a real passion for them, she was wondering if it would be possible for her to do some work experience at the sanctuary.

Her name is Laura Burke, we live at 12 Grimmauld Place. She'd really love it if she could work with you, Fred and George told us what you do there, it's really amazing. I hope I can give Laura some good news.

From, Rhea M. Black.

"Has something happened, I knew I should have gone back home-

"Jess, it's fine, just a letter, from Fred and George's friend," Charlie said, he creased his brows

"Wait, you want to back to England?" he asked

"No, I just," she started "my father really worried me, that's all,"

"I think we're all worried, what with the Death Eaters attack over the summer, Harry being chosen for Triwizard tournament, something isn't right," Charlie said,

"That's not what I'm worried about, though it is terrible," Jessica said

"Then what's bothering you,"

"You know, Katherine she said her friend is a seer, apparently she said someone is going to die,"

"Jess, that doesn't automatically your father-

"I know, I just worry about him, he's alone Charlie, your parents have each other and you brothers and sister, my father only has me and I'm here," Charlie could see her eyes welling up with tears he brought her closer to him, resting her head against his chest.

"It's alright," he said, trying his best to calm her, "what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, I want to be with my father, but I don't want to leave you,"

"Well, I have a few trips coming up, why don't you go visit your father with Archie, while I'm away,"

"I thought we were supposed to be going together?" Jessica questioned

"Yes, but I think it'll be good for you to see your father," Charlie told her, "besides the creature, I'll be after, might be a little too dangerous for this little guy,"

Charlie poked Archie tummy, making him giggle, Jessica was trying Archie with some different foods today. Only egg and beans, at least it was something new for him. Mrs Winters had a plan of her own, she had noticed how distant Charlie and Jessica had become recently, between Archie and the animals they barely had any time for each other.

Mrs Winters was about to change that, she prepared a meal for Jessica and Charlie to spend a night just the two of them. While she took care of little Archie for the night, they could reconnect, Mrs Winters waited until Jessica had settled Archie down, to tell them of her surprise meal.

"Alright you two, I have a little surprise for you," Mrs Winters announced, as she entered the living room, to the young tired parents. Charlie and Jessica stood following her into the kitchen.

"A steak dinner, for the two of you," she said, Jessica smiled at the candlelit dinner set in front of her, charlie mouthed 'thank you' to Mrs Winter. She nodded closing the door behind them.

Charlie pulled a chair out for Jessica to sit down at, he sat opposite her. They both couldn't wait to dig into their dinner. It had been so long since they'd had a meal by themselves. After they finished dinner, Jessica and Charlie lounged in the living room, watching a movie together.

Jessica snuggled up to Charlie, he rested his arm over her back, shuffling down the sofa, for her to snuggle closer to him. He chuckled every time Jessica laughed at something on the television, Jessica looked up at him, pressing her lips against his.

"Here," he said, manoeuvring himself a little,

Charlie laid flat on the sofa, Jessica laid on top of him, leaving small kisses all over his face and neck. He ran his fingers through her hair, pulling her down to kiss him, Jessica smiled into their kiss. Charlie rolled Jessica over the pair forgetting that they were on the sofa.

They laughed as they landed on the floor, Charlie laid on Jessica, she instinctively tilted her head back, exposing her throat to Charlie's lips. He sucked on her neck, soft moans escaping her mouth, she raised her legs up, Charlie smirked against her neck.

"Are sure, it's been so long?"

Jessica brought him back down to kiss her, he knew what she wanted as she arched her back pressing her body against his. Charlie whisked her away to him to their bedroom, wanting to do this right, take his time and love her right.

Just like they use to.