Chapter 13

Jessica looked through the selection of clothes that she had to see if she could make a suitable date outfit, though she was sure charlie would understand, being that he bought her the clothes she had to wear in Egypt. She opted for a short blue dress, paired with some grey leggings.

Jessica walked downstairs, she sat in the lobby waiting for Charlie. Percy was busy reading in the corner while Ron was trying to get Fred to play wizard chess with him, George was talking to a girl who was also staying at the hotel. Ginny huffed she was bored, not having anything to do.

"Why don't you play with Ginny?" Fred complained

"I'm fed up of winning I want a challenge," Ron said, turning to Jessica "do you know how to play wizard chess,"

"Yeah, my dad was pretty good," she told him

"Will you play a game with me?" Ron asked, she nodded sitting opposite him.

Ron let Jessica make her move first, Jessica didn't expect a 13-year-old to be as skilled as he was at wizard chess. She watched his moves carefully, hoping to predict them, but he was really good. Ron had one last move to make and he would win.

"Checkmate," Ron said, Jessica gaped amazed that she had been beaten by a 13-year-old.

"Very well played, let's have a rematch," Jessica proposed, Ron set the board up again.

"Isn't Charlie taking you out tonight?" Percy asked peering over his book.

"Yes, I don't know where he is though," Jessica said, "he said he'd meet me here,"

"He's gone to see Bill about something, he was being rather secretive about it," Ginny told her.

"Oh alright," Jessica said wondering what Charlie could have been up to.

"Where are your parents?" Jessica asked, realising they weren't here with them.

"Gone out for dinner," Ron told her,

"Yeah and I'm stuck on babysitting duties," Percy muttered

"We don't need a babysitter Perc," Fred told him referring to him and George

"Yeah right, you need watching more than Ron and Ginny do," Percy told them.

"Was it us who were down in the Chamber of Secret last year? No. I thought so," Fred commented, shutting Percy up,

Jessica's brows flew up, Charlie's brothers and sister were real trouble makers, it seemed like there was only him, Bill and Percy who were the responsible ones. Charlie walked through the door nicely dressed for wherever he had decided to take her.

"Hi, are you ready to go?" he asked Jessica nodded, Charlie held her hand as they left the hotel, Fred and George wolf-whistled as they left.

Charlie shook his head, whispering to Jessica to ignore them. Charlie and Jessica walked along to road, the restaurant Charlie was taking her to wasn't too far from the hotel. It was a cosy little place, a very first date type of thing. A guy greeted them at the door and guided them to their seats.

"You look you great," Charlie said, he leaned him placing a kiss on her cheek, Jessica looked over his shoulder spotting Molly and Arthur enjoying a little date of their own.

"What are you looking at?" Charlie asked, he turned around spotting his parents

"Oh shit," Charlie said, hurrying to hide behind a menu

"What are you doing?" she asked,

"I don't want them to see us on a date," Charlie said,

"We're already 'dating' why should it be a problem if they see us?" Jessica asked, looking over at them, Molly waved over to her.

"Because they'll want to come and sit with us," he whispered noticing his dad standing up,

"Hey, we were just talking about you," Charlie said, as his mum and dad stood in front of him.

"Out for dinner, mind if we join you," Molly asked

"Not at all," Jessica said, shuffling down so Molly could sit next to her.

A while had gone by, they had finished eating their dinners, Molly and Arthur had told a story of when Charlie was a little boy, how he at 7 years old would dress up Scabbers in a little dragon costume making him fly all around the house. Much to Charlie's embarrassment.

"That's adorable," Jessica laughed, "I can picture it," she smiled brightly at Charlie, though he wasn't amused by the story.

"Oh Arthur, I love this song," Molly said, pulling him up to dance with her.

Charlie and Jessica watched as they danced together, though Charlie attempted to diffuse Jessica's interest in the Scabbers dragon story, Jessica had banked it in her memory. Charlie watched as Jessica's head swayed with the music. He clenched his eyes shut knowing he may regret asking her this.

"Jess, would you like to dance with me?" he asked, smiling at her.

"I'd love to," Jessica said, Charlie stood holding his hand out for her.

She slipped her hand into his, he guided her to the dance floor, he spun her around, bringing her into his arms. Molly and Arthur glanced over at them, smiling themselves. As Charlie spun Jessica out and back into him, her laughing as he did.

"You're a good dancer," Jessica said, Charlie creased his brows

"Does that surprise you?" he asked

"Yes, actually it does, I didn't think you'd have the time with all the work you do," Jessica admitted

"What I do have fun you know," he said

Charlie spun Jessica off the floor, she laughed loudly, which caused Charlie to laugh with her. Charlie seemed to forget that his parents were around as he dipped Jessica down low placing a delicate kiss on her lips. Her face only making a smile for the rest of the night.

Their first date might have been a little extra being in Egypt for one start. Having met his family already and actually getting along with them just fine.

It was perfect. Jessica wouldn't have asked for anything more.