Chapter 47

Charlie had packed everything he needed for Arizona, he double-checked he had everything he needed. Charlie couldn't wait to be around Thunderbirds, he wanted to see for himself, if they really affected weather patterns, when they became suspicious or fearful.

Charlie spent all morning with Archie, he didn't want to leave him, but he couldn't let an opportunity like this go by. Jessica held back emotional tears as he left, her father wrapped a comforting arm around her, she took Archie back inside, she hoped that Mrs Winters could help Jessica with some of the animals, not being comfortable with some of the bigger ones.

***

Two weeks later, Jessica was finding the work around the sanctuary, easier than she thought she would. She had an appointment with a mediwitch a few days ago, she had some pretty big news to tell Charlie when he returned. Jessica headed towards the Wampus Cats enclosure to see Meg and Abi, she felt confident with them, as she had been caring for them since they were cubs.

"Meg! Abi!" she called,

Two fully grown Wampus Cats bounded towards her, she held her hands out to stop them jumping up at her. Though she didn't need to, as they stopped, and began sniffing her stomach, she had been wanting to try something with them for a while now. Jessica walked towards the gate, holding her hand up to them.

"Are you going to behave?" she asked, "I'd like to show Charlie that you're good cats,"

Jessica took a deep breath, opening the gate, she walked out, leaving the door open for the two tiger-sized cats to walk out. They cautiously looked around never being out of their enclosure before, the cats walked just a little in front of Jessica, she smiled wishing Charlie could see this for himself.

She decided to take them down towards the lake, she had read somewhere that they enjoyed swimming. Jessica wanted to see for herself if they did as they barely went into the pond provided for them. Meg and Abi jumped all over each other, Jessica could see that they enjoyed being free out here.

Abi dove into that lake, Meg was cautious of the water, standing firmly on four of her legs, stretch her front two out to test the water. Meg's tail swiped her back foot, startling the cat into the water, she shook her head as she rose to the surface of the water. She swam towards Abi who was happily playing in the lake.

Jessica looked at her watch realising the time, she hurried Meg and Abi, back to their enclosure. Hoping she wasn't too late, once she had Abi and Meg safely back in the enclosure, she hurried back to the house. She walked inside, to see Katherine and a redheaded girl that Jessica assumed was Laura Burke.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realise the time," she hugged Katherine, pleased that she decided to visit.

"I'm Jessica, you must be Laura," Jessica offered Laura her hand,

"Yes, my cousin told me, I'd be able to do some work experience here," she said,

"Yes, Charlie isn't here at the moment, but," Jessica held her finger up heading to his office, looking through the paperwork "if I can find it," she said, looking through all the draws and cupboards

"Ah, I've found it," she said, taking out a large file with lots of information for Laura.

"He said, that this file should cover everything you'll be doing here, I'll introduce you to Mrs Winters, and show you to your room," Jessica showed Katherine and Laura to their individual bedrooms,

"Dinner is at 6:30, the bathroom is down the hall, and I hope you enjoy it here,"

***

Another week had gone by now there was only a week left until Charlie came home, Laura had been up every morning being awakened by Mrs Winters. Just like Jessica use to be, Laura had been up almost every night reading through the files Charlie had left for her, reading a new part before she went to bed.

Rhea wasn't kidding when she said her cousin loved magical creatures. Though Charlie knew it was a profession many people fantasised about, however, the tough nature of the job deterred people from actually becoming magizoologist.

Jessica wanted to spend some quality time with Katherine, while her father watched Archie for her, she took Katherine to meet Spartan. Hopefully, if he behaved Jessica was going to try and fly him, with her cousin. Katherine was amazed to see such a beautiful creature in front of her.

"He's gorgeous," she said, "can I pet him?"

"Go ahead, he's fine," Jessica said, Katherine raised her hand to him, gently petting his shoulder,

"Do you want to ride him?"

"Oh my god, that would be unbelievable, can we please?" Katherine said eagerly,

Jessica had never mounted an Abraxan without Charlie helping her up, with great difficulty she managed to get on. Katherine had ridden muggle horses before, therefore mounting Spartan with little effort. Jessica remembered the signal Charlie used and Spartan ran, pushing himself up the air.

Jessica looked back at Katherine's face, she had the biggest smile you could ever imagine, on a person. Spartan lowered himself down landed roughly on the ground, Jessica and Katherine jumped off the Abraxan. They could see the whole of the sanctuary from here.

"This where Charlie proposed to me," Jessica said,

"I bet it was beautiful," Katherine said, "can we get a picture with Spartan?"

"Sure," Jessica hurried over to Spartan, guiding the Abraxan to a tree, Katherin stood with Jessica in front of Spartan, Jessica flicked her wand at Katherine's muggle camera, levitating the camera in the air. They smiled brightly as they took the photo.