Chapter 20

Charlie woke up earlier than usual deciding to tend to the animals by himself, so he and Jessica could spend possibly her last day at the sanctuary together. Jessica still hadn't come to a decision on whether or not she was staying in Romania. Mrs Winters had returned from England, her husband had made a speedy recovery, though Mrs Winters had become suspicious of Charlie and Jessica's friendship.

Charlie tried to pull off that it was Mrs Winters who told him to be friends with her, get to know her. Though that probably didn't include dating her. Jessica stirred in her bed, she walked to the kitchen to get a drink, greeting Mrs Winters with a small smile, Mrs Winters eyed her cautiously.

"Miss Harper, are you alright?" Mrs Winters asked, Jessica nodded her head.

"Yes, Mrs Winter I'm fine-" Jessica threw up in the sink, Mrs Winters rushed to her side

"Oh hunny, you're burning up," Mrs Winters said, placing the back of her hand on Jessica's forehead "come sit down dear,"

Mrs Winters took Jessica into the living room, letting her lay down on the sofa, Mrs Winters retreated into the kitchen to bring Jessica a glass of water and bucket in case she had to throw up again. Jessica took a sip of water, Mrs Winters turned the television on so Jessica could relax.

"If you need anything, I'm just in the kitchen," Mrs Winters said, Jessica nodded, resting her eyes for just a moment.

"Morning Mrs Winters, is Jessica up yet?" Charlie asked, Mrs Winters shushed him.

"Yes, she's sick, I left in the living room, to rest, I think she should have the day off," Mrs Winters suggested,

Charlie walked to the living room, to see River laid on the floor right beside the sofa, next to Jessica's hand that dangled down to her. He lifted her feet sitting on the sofa, resting Jessica's legs onto his. Charlie smiled at her as he moved some of her brown hair from her face, he looked behind him in case Mrs Winters was coming in.

"So how long has this been going on?" Mrs Winters asked from the door,

"How did you know?" Charlie asked, they had tried to keep things private.

"Walls are pretty thin," She said, Charlie's eyes widened, feeling a little embarrassed he and Jessica tried to be quiet but she would always laugh when he kissed her neck.

"Don't forget I wake Jessica up every morning, did you think I wouldn't notice her not sleeping in her own bed," She further explained

"Then why didn't you say anything?" Charlie asked, she shrugged her shoulders

"It wasn't my place to ask," Mrs Winters said, "but if I caught you, like now, a boss does not allow his worker to place their legs onto of theirs while they sleep,"

"I thought we were being careful, obviously not," Charlie said,

"Not that it's any of my business but she will be going home soon you know that right," She said,

"Of course I know that,"

"She was ordered to work here," Mrs Winters said

"Your point being," Charlie questioned

"Have you thought that she might not have any intention of coming back," Mrs Winters said, Charlie creased his brows it hadn't occurred to him that Jessica was forced to work at the sanctuary, she was terrified of animals except Unicorns and River of course. Would she stay for him?

"I know that, and if she leaves that's fine," Charlie said, "I know she misses her father, and I think being around my family was too hard for her," he admitted.

"Too hard for her?"

"Jessica doesn't have a lot of family, just her dad, her uncle and aunt that she barely sees and a few cousins," Charlie said,

"Whereas I have brothers, a sister and both parents sometimes I think I take that for granted, Egypt was the first time I have seen them since they visited me nearly two years ago for Christmas and even then I didn't see Ron," Charlie said,

"I know she hasn't sent a letter to her father since she's been here," Mrs Winters told him, Charlie nodded, Mrs Winters left him, to be alone with Jessica.

He played the television just putting on the main channel, Charlie didn't pay attention to anything, not the television, not River chewing on his jeans, or Jessica stirring in her sleep. She stretched her body groaning as she opened her eyes, smiling when she saw Charlie sat with her.

"What are you doing?" she asked "Don't you have work?"

"I've finished, it's nearly 5:30 pm," Charlie said,

"No way, I've slept all way through the day," she said, amazed that she'd slept all night, and still slept for another nine hours. Jessica laughed sitting up, her legs still draped over Charlie's lap, they watched the television all through the evening, till night.

"You look a lot better," Charlie said, as she had a bit more colour in her cheeks.

He carried her to his bedroom, settling her down on the bed, Charlie gazed into her eyes, leaned in softly placing a kiss on her lips. Jessica ran her hands through his hair, pulling him closer to her, Charlie shuffled her further up the bed, pulling off her shirt and she lifted his jumper over his head, he tossed them both to the side.

Jessica and Charlie both wriggled out of their jeans and underwear, not breaking their kiss. Charlie pulled away, looked at her, smiling down at her. He laid over her his face inches away from hers, he laid a chaste on her lips, the type of kiss he hadn't given her. Up until now, they had lust filled kisses. But this time was different.

Jessica raised her leg, Charlie smirked at her, knowing where this was going to go. For tonight they were taking things slow.