Chapter 16

"Don't worry mum I'm sure they'll be fine," Percy said, in attempts to calm his mother's nerves

"They've been gone for so long, we're due to leave tomorrow what if we don't find them?" Molly sniffed into her handkerchief

"Charlie's done fieldwork before, I'm sure they'll be fine," Arthur said, rubbing Molly's arm, to reassure her of their safety.

"Mum, I have to go to work, but while I'm there I'll see if they heard anything about Charlie and Jessica," Bill told her,

He wrapped his arms around Molly, though he eyed Fred and George curiously. 'They were being unusually quiet' he thought, not remembering the last they cracked a joke. Bill headed to the Pyramids to work on breaking some of the curses that lingered inside the Pyramid.

The Pyramids were the last place that Charlie and Jessica were seen, with Fred and George. Bill hoped that someone will have seen what happened, he did a walk through the Pyramid, on the guest pathway, as that would have been the pathway that they used.

When that route came up dry, Bill decided to go down some of the secret passages, thinking that possibly a secret passage opened up to them. Bill kept his wand drawn, knowing the magic in these Pyramids were unpredictable, he wanted to keep his wits about him.

Bill noticed that candles flickered, in a room just off of the trail. He cautiously walked towards the room, creaking the door open, he quickly turned around at the sight. Charlie and Jessica were asleep, with just a thin blanket, covering them, Bill looked back he didn't see anything indecent, but he couldn't leave them there.

"Charlie," he said, "Charlie, wake up," he said again nudging Charlie's foot with his.

"What?" Charlie stirred in his sleep, pulling Jessica closer to him waking her up. Jessica's eyes widened as she saw Bill.

"Charlie," She said, nudging his shoulder, Charlie opened his eyes.

"Bill!" Charlie said, sitting up straight, though Jessica had to grab the blanket to prevent revealing her naked body.

"I'm glad you two are okay," he said, awkwardly avoiding looking at them, "Can you put some clothes on," Bill asked

Charlie nodded Bill left the room, while Charlie and Jessica got dressed, neither of them would dare turn around to face one another. Jessica more so felt utterly uncomfortable, she heard Charlie leave the room, to give her privacy. Charlie sheepishly approached Bill.

"Erm, what you saw-

"I'm not going to tell mum if that's what you're worried about," Bill said

"Oh good, but why I didn't ask you to," Charlie asked

"Well, mums been worried sick," Bill told him,

"We were only gone for one night," Charlie said,

"No, you've been gone for nearly three days," Bill said

"How is that possible?" Charlie asked, Bill shrugged his shoulders,

"These Pyramids hold many secrets, perhaps time is different in here, I can honestly say I've never stayed overnight, so I wouldn't know, but you have been missing for three days-

"Three days!" Jessica exclaimed counting the days on her fingers "We should be leaving tomorrow,"

"Actually, in the morning" Bill corrected, "so you two are lucky I found you,"

"Yeah, lucky, we would be in this mess, if Fred and George weren't messing around," Charlie said

"I knew it, I knew there was something off with them two," Bill said, shaking his head that he didn't realise it before.

"Alright then, glad you found us, but do you know how to get out of here," Jessica asked, Bill nodded gesturing for them to follow him.

Both Jessica and Charlie walked behind Bill following him out of the Pyramid, all while actively trying to avoid looking at each other. Being woken up by Bill didn't give them time to talk about what happened last night both thinking the same thing.

She regrets it

He regrets it

The trip back to the hotel seemed like it was miles away, or maybe the uncomfortable silence caused the journey to seemed like it took forever to get back. Upon walking into the hotel, Charlie was engulfed, in a huge group hug, his mum and dad making a fuss over everything.

Jessica managed to sneak upstairs, she could hear Mrs Weasley scolding the twins for their little trick, Charlie must have told his parents what happened. Jessica began to pack her bag so that she was ready to leave in the morning. She heard the door creak open, she turned around quickly.

"Oh hi, I didn't hear you coming," she said, as Charlie closed the door behind him.

"Jess, can I talk to you for a second," he said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously,

"Yeah of course," she said, trying to sound confident, she sat on the bed, Charlie sat down next to her though he put space between them.

"Do you regret what happened in the Pyramid?" he asked, Jessica thought of her answer but she didn't want to make a fool of herself.

"Do you?" she asked,

"No, I don't," he admitted, Jessica smiled down at her feet.

"I don't either, but won't be complicated?" Jessica asked

"What do you mean?"

"If we started dating, I work for you, once my sentence is done, I'll be going back to England," Jessica explained, though she should be happy, for more creatures, she'll get to see her dad, but no Charlie.

"Right, I forgot that you know, you could stay, I still have many creatures to show you," he said, chuckling trying to lighten the mood, Jessica had to admit the appeal was there, but she missed her father and her home.

"Stay in Romania? With you,"