Chapter 28

A month had passed and Charlie had been working nonstop with Buckbeak to try and eventually integrate him with the Hippogriff group that lived at the sanctuary. Jessica bravely helped Charlie, from what Ginny had told her there was not a chance in the world that Buckbeak could ever hurt someone.

Jessica was monitoring Buckbeak while Charlie left to get Stormswift, to introduce him to Buckbeak. According to Charlie if Stormswift accepted Buckbeak then the rest of the Hippogriff group will accept him too. Jessica watched Buckbeak as he cleaned his feathers, she smiled at the creature, feeling proud of herself. She had a hand in helping rescue this animal.

"Jess, move to the side please," Charlie said walking Stormswift on a leash, for Buckbeaks safety.

"Where did he go?" Charlie asked.

"He down there," Jessica said, pointing in the direction that Buckbeak went,

Charlie gripped Stormswifts leash with both hands so he had a better hold of him, Jessica opened the gate for him. Charlie was pulled in by Stormswift, Jessica wondered how Charlie was going to hold the strong creature, Charlie petted him to relax him.

"Charlie are you sure you can hold him?" Jessica asked, as Stormswift was pulling him along,

"Yes, I'll be fine, keep an eye out for Buckbeak," Charlie told her,

Jessica watched as Charlie whistled for Buckbeak to come, he stopped dead in his tracks upon seeing the unfamiliar Hippogriff. Buckbeak proceeded cautiously, Charlie judged Stormswifts actions carefully, to spot hostile behaviour displayed by Stormswift.

Once Charlie was confident that Stormswift would be kind to Buckbeak he released him, so he could greet Buckbeak on his own. Charlie stayed close to them to monitor the interaction with the two Hippogriffs, Charlie gestured for Jessica to come in.

She took a deep breath, opening the gate, she slowly walked over to Charlie, holding his hand. Charlie smiled at her, as he kept his eyes on the Hippogriffs, Stormswift and Buckbeak seemed to be getting along great. Charlie thought it would be best if Stormswift and Buckbeak stayed together for a few days before putting Buckbeak with the Hippogriff group.

"Is this going well?" she asked, Charlie knowing how Hippogriffs interacted with each other.

"Yes, it's going great, better than I thought truthfully," Charlie said, smiling at Stormswift and Buckbeak.

Charlie walked Jessica out of the holding pen, wrapping his arms around her waist as they walked back to the house. Jessica was getting better being around animals she was familiar with, animals she wasn't familiar she stayed away from unless Charlie was there to help her through it.

Jessica helped Mrs Winters with Dinner, while Charlie began to pack their bags for New Zealand, they left in a few days and Charlie hadn't packed anything yet, Jessica was already packed. Though she didn't understand why he wanted her to go with him.

After dinner Charlie and Jessica lounged in the living room, cuddling together after a long day's work. It felt great to be open about their relationship, rather than hide it from Mrs Winters.

"I should help Mrs Winters clean up," Jessica said, Charlie wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her down on the sofa,

"No, stay here and let me shower you kisses," Charlie mumbled into her neck, she giggled

"I won't be long," she said, placing a kiss on his lips, "I love you,"

"Woah, did you really say that?" Charlie questioned

"Yeah, I did,"

"I love you more," he said, she smiled as she left the living room to help Mrs Winters

"Oh, hunny you don't have to help me," Mrs Winters said

"It's no trouble really, I feel bad that you do it all on your own," Jessica said,

"How's your husband?" she asked,

"Well, what's right with him, I'm telling you the man is a wimp, he could have a cold and feel like he was dying, but anyway...

Jessica felt her eyes for heavy and her mind a light as a feather, she swayed, Mrs Winters tried talking to Jessica but she couldn't respond. Jessica fell to the floor, Mrs Winters rushed to her side, she shouted for Charlie, he lifted her up, taking her to the sofa, laying her down.

"What happened to her?" Charlie asked

"We just talking then she just collapsed," Mrs Winters said,

"We've got to get her to a hospital," Charlie said,

Charlie lifted her up, apparating to the hospital, the Mediwitches took her through to work on her. Jessica was still breathing but she was still unconscious, Charlie paced around the hall. He thought Jessica was alright, how could he had miss judged her health so much.

"Mr Weasley," the Mediwitch said, Charlie hurried over to her.

"Is she going to be alright?" Charlie said, his voice filled with panic,

"Yes, yes, she's going to be fine, it happens some times with women when they're pregnant," Mediwitch explained, "some women, do faint especially if they aren't getting enough nutrients,"

"Oh thank god, I thought she was really ill," Charlie said, miss hearing what the mediwitch had said, as the mediwitch turned to leave him, he realised

"Wait, she's pregnant?" Charlie questioned,

"Yes, were you not aware?"

"No I wasn't aware," Charlie said, "Can I see her?"

"Of course, but she still sleeping,"

Charlie walked into the hospital room, sitting in a chair beside Jessica's bed. Pregnant how can that be they were careful, or at least Charlie thought they had been careful. Jessica stirred in her sleep, smiling faintly as she saw Charlie sat beside her.

"Hey, how you feeling?" he asked

"Alright, a little tired, but alright," Jessica mumbled

"I have something to tell you," Charlie began Jessica turned over to look at him, his eyes drifted down to her stomach.

"The mediwitch, she said you are pregnant," Charlie told her,

"What, I can't be," she mumbled, trying to sit up, Charlie helped her up adjusting the pillow behind her head.

"You fainted because you are, she said, it happens sometimes," Charlie explained

Jessica laid there in deep thought, now that she thought about she had been a little off since they arrived back in Romania, but never thought it could be pregnancy. Now, laid the question of what she was going to do. She couldn't leave to go home anytime soon, she would want Charlie to be there every step of the way. As if he could hear her thoughts he held her close to him.

"We're going to figure this out," Charlie said, "everything will be fine,"