Chapter 34

Charlie pushed his way through the crowd, scanning the crowd for Jessica he couldn't see her anywhere. Charlie shouted her name, no answer, but with everyone screaming and running he wouldn't hear Jessica even if she called out for him.

Jessica didn't know which way to run, wizards were running in all directions she couldn't tell who was safe and who were the wizards responsible. Jessica held her wand tightly in her hand as she hurried few the crowd trying to find Charlie or any of the Weasleys

Jessica ran into someone, they grabbed her, she panicked, attempting to push them away from her. A jinx sent them flying backwards away from her she turned to see Charlie running towards her.

"Jess, thank Godric you're okay?" Charlie said, she threw her arms around him,

"Charlie, they're everywhere, all in masks," Jessica said,

"Don't panic, we'll be fine, come on," Charlie said,

He threw Jessica over his shoulder hurrying through the crowd, Jessica thought this was a little extreme, however, she wouldn't be able to slip out of his hands, this time. Once Charlie was in a secure place he apparated to a nearby muggle village.

He settled Jessica down on a bench, he cupped her face, checking over her, Jessica was out of breath and her eyes were heavy, as though she could fall unconscious any moment. Charlie realised that Jessica had been worn out by recently giving birth just a few weeks before, never thought she'd be running for her life.

"Stay awake, you want to see Archie don't you?" Charlie said to try and keep Jessica awake,

"Archie?"

"Yes, Jessica stay awake for Archie, he'll want his cuddle before bed," Charlie picked her up,

Cradling her in arms he apparated to the burrow, thankfully Charlie's family had made it back safely. Fred's friend had been found by her parents, though Fred was panicked that she might have been hurt. Charlie laid Jessica down in the living room,

"Is she alright?"

"Yeah, she just needs to rest," Charlie said brushing the hair away from her face.

"How was he?" Charlie asked, taking Archie from Molly.

"Fine, I hardly knew I had him, quiet as a mouse he was," she said, smiling at the sweet little baby.

Archie had been crying for his feed, Charlie woke Jessica, she looked around her trying to work out her surroundings. Charlie held her hand, rubbing his thumb in a circular motion, to help calm her down. Jessica took a deep breath, positioning her arms to feed Archie, she draped a blanket over her and Archie.

"You alright?" Charlie asked, sitting beside her

"Yeah, I thought I'd lost you," Jessica said, resting her head on his shoulder

"Practically wrestle dragons and you're worried about wizards hurting me," Charlie said, in attempts to make her laugh.

"That's not what I meant," Jessica said, "I'm not a strong witch, I'm lucky you found me, I don't think I could have defended myself,"

"You aren't bad at the magic you just need a little help with Duelling," Charlie said, "I'll tell you what, when we get back to Romania, while Archie has his naps, I'll teach you a few spells, okay?" Jessica nodded

After Archie had been fed, Jessica stayed upstairs with Ginny she was shaken up by the events of the Quidditch World cup. Charlie rested his eyes just for a moment, while Archie was napping he was napping too. In order to be wide awake when Archie was.

"Charlie, I don't mean to wake up-

"Nah, mum it's fine," he said, "what is it?"

"This letter came for you, while you were at the game," Molly handed him a letter.

"Dear Mr Weasley,

I hope you and Jessica are having a wonderful time in England, I can't wait to meet the little Weasley, when you return home. There's no rush but I received a warning of some Wampus cubs that will be transferred to the sanctuary in a few days. I will keep them in a holding pen until you can return.

Say hi to Jessica and your family for me.

Mrs A. Winters"

"Is everything alright?" Molly asked

"Yeah, there's just a couple of animals being transferred soon,"

"Would you like me to help you pack-

"I didn't say I leaving-

"Charlie, I'm your mother, I know you better than you think and I know you aren't going to abandon the animals," Molly told him, offered a soft smile.

"But what about you and dad, Percy, Fred-

"We'll be fine, nobody knows for sure what happened, but you have a responsibility to Jessica and Archie,"

Charlie nodded, Molly opened her arms for him, Charlie wrapped his mum in a big hug. Charlie stood up, taking a glance at Archie, he smiled at his little boy, before walking upstairs to see Jessica. Charlie smiled as he heard Jessica and Ginny laughing about something they were talking about.

"Hey Gin, can I talk to Jessica for a moment?" Charlie asked, Ginny left her bedroom, going to sit with Ron and Hermione in his room, Charlie sat next to Jessica on the bed.

"At some point, we need to go back to the sanctuary, but if you'd rather stay here I completely understand-

"Charlie," she said, he stopped talking to listen to what she had to say.

"What happened at the Quidditch match was dreadful, and I hope nobody got hurt, we're a family now, you, me and Archie, if we have to go back then, we will," Jessica said, pressing her lips against his, he smiled as he kissed her, making Jessica giggle a little, he rested his forehead on hers.

"We're going to be alright," Charlie smiled, kissing her forehead.