Chapter 39

Charlie was eager to get the dragons back to Romania, he hadn't mentioned anything of his plan to help Jessica with her duelling skills. Which only worried Jessica more as to what he was going to do, Jessica settles Archie down on his play mat, as she heard a knock at the door.

They weren't expecting anyone, Mrs Winters was here, Charlie would have just let himself in. Katherine wouldn't be coming while the summer, Jessica opened the door, throwing her arms around a blonde-haired girl. Who hugged her back with the same energy of enthusiasm as Jessica did.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" Jessica asked

"Charlie invited me," the girl was one of Jessica's best friends Penny Haywood

"While it is great to see you, I'm much more excited to meet Arthur," Penny said, looking down the hallway.

"Of course, he's right down here,"

Jessica walked down the hall with Penny close behind. Jessica lifted Archie off the floor, he smiled at Penny, reaching his hands out. Jessica handed Archie to Penny, she bounced him around he giggled, Jessica brought her hands up to her mouth.

"What is it?"

"That's the first time I've heard him laugh," Jessica said "oh Charlie missed,"

"Missed what?" Charlie asked as he dusted off his hands.

"Archie laughed," Jessica said, smiling at Archie

"He did? Can you make him laugh again?" Charlie asked,

Penny nodded as she bounced him around again. Archie giggled again, Jessica clapped her hands together excitedly, Archie waved his little fist around. Charlie took Archie from Penny handing him over to Mrs Winters, Penny followed him outside.

Jessica followed curious as to what they might have been up to. As she walked out of the house, red sparks were fired in her direction. She ducked down, looking at which one of them had cast the spell, both Charlie and Penny avoided Jessica's gazed, another set of red sparks were fired in her direction.

"HEY!" she shouted "that was really close to my head,"

"Block it then!" Penny shouted to her firing a spell in her direction, Jessica hid behind a wall.

"This is your idea of help," Jessica shouted to Charlie

"It'll get your adrenalin running,"

"Bombarda," Penny cast destroying the wall in which Jessica was hiding.

"Stupify," Jessica cast weakly

"Rictusempra," Charlie cast, Jessica was thrown backwards, landing flat on her back, she gripped her wand tightly in her hand.

"Aguamenti," She cast showering Charlie in a get of water, he slowly shook his head at her.

"Really, water?" he questioned

"First thing that came to mind," Jessica said, crossing her arms, Charlie raised his wand to her.

"Lapifors!" Jessica cast, turning Charlie into a bunny rabbit. Penny chuckled which caused Jessica to laugh to.

"You look so adorable," Jessica said, Charlie saw this as his chance, running after her.

"Ahh," Jessica ran away from the bunny "Charlie, stop it," Jessica fired a few charms at the bunny, Charlie managed to dodge her charms.

The bunny jumped on Jessica twitching his nose at her face, even though she knew it was Charlie, she still didn't like the bunny. Penny thought Charlie had enough fun and turned him back into himself he laid on top of Jessica, laughing with her.

Charlie asked Penny to stay while he helped Jessica with her duelling technique. Jessica was so happy to see Penny again, it seemed like forever since she had seen her. Jessica showed Penny around, the sanctuary introducing her to Meg and Abi, the two Wampus Cubs that had imprinted on Jessica.

Jessica had been enjoying her time with Penny so much that Charlie offered to have Archie for the day while she caught up with Penny. Jessica was curious to know how Charlie knew Penny was one of her best friends, to her knowledge she hadn't spoken much about her friends.

As the sky turned dark, Penny headed to bed, Jessica didn't realise how long they had been talking, she walked downstairs to see Charlie asleep on the sofa with Archie asleep in his arms. Jessica attempted to manoeuvre Archie from Charlie, however, he tightened his arm around Archie.

"Oh, it's just you," he mumbled, letting her take Archie upstairs to bed.

Jessica came back downstairs, she snuggled up to Charlie on the sofa, wrapping her arms around his waist. Charlie rested his head on hers. He couldn't remember a day he was ever this tired, he had taken care of many babies, just not human babies.

Charlie realised how difficult a baby can be. He respected Jessica a lot more than he already did for having Archie the majority of the time, while he tended to the animals. He vowed to himself to take more responsibility with Archie, even if it meant taking him with him when he did his morning round of feeding the animals.

He looked down at Jessica who had drifted off to sleep in his arms, words couldn't describe how much he loved her. Starting a family with Jessica was the best thing that happened to him, Archie lightened up his mornings, as much as he didn't plan a family, he couldn't be happier with his little boy.

Even thinking of having a little brother for Archie. Just a little brother. No more than two. He wouldn't dare bring up the subject to Jessica, as Archie was only 3 months old, however, Charlie and his siblings were close in age. Which is probably why they got along great.

Bill, Charlie and Percy got along together, being the more mature of the Weasley clan. While Fred, George, Ron and Ginny, got along together, coming up with mischievous ways to annoy their teachers and parents. And Charlie wanted that for Archie.