The Opening Ceremony (Part 2)

(Art made by vioriie on Twitter)

Y/N POV:

Bea got me good there. It's like she can read my mind.

Bea: "So, how are you feeling?"

Y/N: "Well...a part of me is really excited and all...but another part of me is clinging on that memory from the past...I'm afraid like everything is going to repeat itself again..."

Bea: "Oh Y/N..." She says, getting closer to me.

She puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder, before continuing.

Bea: "I know how hard it is to let go of a big fail...it destroys you on the inside and even when you try and fight it alone, it just keeps destroying you more and more...and I almost got myself killed because of that..."

I stare at her, surprised by what I just heard.

Bea: "Last year, in the League Finals, I lost against Leon. And that loss gave me a hard time...I always trained my entire life to be the best and losing like that destroyed a good part of my fighting spirit. I tried to brush it off, but wherever I went to, it followed me. Eventually I went training one day, but I was so focused on trying my hardest that got myself and my Pokemon stuck on a cave without any way out; the entrance of the cave was blocked, and I forgot my cellphone on the Corviknight Taxi. I could have died in there. But then my partners made me wake up...so I took a deep breath and returned with a new way of thinking. That way I could leave the cave."

I look at her, completely taken aback by her story.

Y/N: "Bea...that was probably pretty scary, wasn't it?" I say, taking her hand that was in my shoulder and putting it into mine.

Bea: "Yeah...it was, but this is about you. I know it's hard, but you need to overcome it, I believe in you." She says, putting her other hand on top of mine.

I smile at her in response.

Y/N: "Thank you, Bea."

She smiles back in response.

Y/N: "To thank you properly, I think I'll buy you a sweet at the Battle Café, how does that sound?" I say, jokingly.

She giggles in response. Nothing to showy, but a genuine giggle. It made my heart melt on the inside.

Raihan POV:

After running through the corridors, I hear a female giggle coming from somewhere the corridors.

I follow the sound and stumble upon an interesting scene.

Bea, the karate prodigy and Gym Leader from Stow-On-Side; and Y/N, the Ice-Type Rookie form Motostoke; holding hands!

I quickly take out my phone and take a picture of it. They didn't seem to notice me; probably too concentrated on each other.

I look at the picture I took.

Raihan: "Everyone is going to FREAK OUT when they see this!"

I take a deep breath before snapping them both out of trance.

Y/N POV:

I am currently looking at Bea's gorgeous eyes when a voice snaps me out of trance.

Raihan: "Hey! I finally found you both!"

We both look up and see Raihan.

Raihan: "C'mon you two! The ceremony is about to start!"

Y/N: "O-oh, o-okay, w-we'll be t-there." I reply being a stuttering mess.

Bea: "Y-yeah, j-just give us a second!"

Raihan: "Ooh, I see what's going on!" He replies, smirking.

Y/N: "W-what's that supposed to mean?!"

Raihan: "I mean...I would give you two Lovebirds some privacy, but everyone's waiting."

Y/N: "WHAT?!" I reply, my cheeks extremely turning red.

Bea: "Y-yeah! W-what was that about?" She replies.

Raihan: "My, you two should see your faces! You two are redder than Centiskorches!" He replies, laughing.

Bea: "L-look here! If you say anything that happened here to anyone, you're dead! Understood?" He says, getting up to him, her cheeks redder than Cherubies.

Raihan: "Ok! Ok! *sigh* just come on! The rest's waiting for you."

I take a deep breath to calm down, before replying.

Y/N: "R-right, we'll be there."

Raihan: "Ok."

Then, he leaves, leaving me and Bea in an awkward silence.

Y/N: "So...yeah..."

Bea takes a deep breath, calming down.

Bea: "Let's go. Let's make history out there, right?"

I smile at her.

Y/N: "Yes." I reply, while nodding.

We both make our way to the court's entrance.