Bea

(A/N: Art made by ChronicRift on DeviantArt)

(6 days before the Opening Ceremony)

Y/N POV:

Today, I woke up, got the pokeballs of my Glaceon, Froslass, and my recently caught Snorunt, Shellder and Vanillite; and went to the Inn's lobby, to be greeted with a man in a red uniform and a towel in his neck.

Y/N: "Mister Kabu? What are you doing here?"

Kabu: "I came here for three reasons, the first one is apologizing about yesterday, I know you are now a Gym Leader, but I shouldn't have pushed you too hard on the duty, after all, you are still adapting to the new place."

Y/N: "It's okay, as you said, I should have seen it coming. But I think I am adapting pretty well for now. I went together with Melony to the Wild Area; it was pretty amazing."

Kabu: "Yes, Melony told me about it. I assume you got to capture a few Pokemon while there, am I correct?"

Y/N: "Yes, I was planning on testing them out today to see how they fight and such."

Kabu: "I see, taking the opportunity, there is a person who would like to meet you, she must be waiting for you in the Wild Area. If you want, I can tell her you are busy today."

Y/N: "No, it's fine, I think it wouldn't hurt meeting new people now, will it?"

Kabu: "Yes, so before we go, take this package and take it to your room, after that, meet me here and let's go."

I take the package to my room and we both left the hotel and got to the Wild Area.

Kabu: "Ok, she said she would be waiting you somewhere at Rolling Fields, do you know where it is?"

Y/N: "Yes, me and Melony were there yesterday, so I guess I should be able to get there."

Kabu: "Lead the way then."

Timeskip (Arrival at Rolling Fields)

As we arrived at Rolling Fields, I we began looking for the person Kabu told me about, when I noticed a girl, around my age, with gray hair, wearing a black ribbon, a white uniform with the number 193 and under the uniform, a black bodysuit, sparing against a Machamp. She took a massive hit from the Machamp and gets up as if it was nothing. I just stare at the scene in front of me in awe and surprise when she notices me. We both just stood still, me staring at her silver eyes and she staring at my E/C eyes, about what felt like hours; when Kabu's voice wakes me from the trance. I snap out of trance and blushes a little bit.

Kabu: "Oh, there you are Bea, we've been looking for you."

Bea: "Y-yes, here I am Kabu. So, this is the one?" She says pointing at me.

Looking at her, I could see, even if it was really faint, I could see her blushing.

Kabu: "Yes Bea, this is him" Kabu says, referring to me.

Y/N: "H-hey, I'm Y/N, n-nice to meet you."

Bea: "I'm Bea, nice to meet you too." She says to me, now with a serious expression.

Kabu: "So, I will leave you guys train and do your things for now. I still have some matters to attend with Chairman Rose." He says and walks away, leaving us on a really awkward silence.

I try to break the ice; no pun intends; and try to get to know her better.

Y/N: "So, Bea, you are a Gym Leader, am I right?"

Bea: "Yes, you guessed it right."

Y/N: "I see, I assume your specialization are the Fighting-Type, correct?"

Bea: "Correct. I heard from Melony and Kabu, that you used to compete in the Pokemon League in Hoenn. If that's true, you must be a really good trainer." She says, keeping that serious look on her face.

Y/N: "Yeah...I guess you could say that. It's not that I'm not good, I just don't tend to recognize my potential, in fear that I might get too cocky."

She retreats her Machamp back to its pokeball.

Bea: "I see, so I wanted to test your physical capacity, that's why I called you here."

Y/N: "R-right, so what were you planning?"

Bea: "What about running a few laps around the lake" She says, point at a massive lake.

I just stared in shock.

Y/N: "Around the whole lake?!"

Bea: "Yes." She responded firmly.

No wonder why she could take a hit from a Machamp, this girl is made of steel.

Bea: "Alright, let's go, if we start now, we can finish it before sunset."

I look at the phone to check on the time. It's barely midday!

I look up to see that she already started running, and left her backpack resting on a nearby tree.

Y/N: "H-hey Bea, wait up!" I scream, running after her to catch up.

Timeskip (3 hours later...)

After 3 hours running around the lakes, with a few breaks for me to recover the air, she decides that is enough for the day.

Bea: "I think that's enough running for the day, you showed you can keep up to my pace."

Y/N: "Wait, when you said about running, I felt like we were going to keep running the entire day."

Bea: "The first time I trained physically the trainers of my Gym, they took the entire day to complete the task, but you showed me you have a good physical, for now."

I tried to respond, but I was so out of air, that I couldn't.

She proceeds to grab her backpack and retrieve two protein bars from it.

Bea: "Here, take it." She says, throwing one of the bars in my direction.

I manage to grab it before it hits the floor. I sat by a tree, open up the bar, and take a bite. I'm usually not the type of person who likes this type of food very much, but I was so hungry and tired that it tasted like heaven to me; even though it's just a chocolate flavored protein bar.

After I finish eating mine, I notice Bea eating hers, with a big smile on her face.

Bea: "So good, so sweet."

Y/N: "Sweet tooth?"

She notices me and turns to me with a surprised and embarrassed look.

Bea: "Y-yes." She says, avoiding my gaze, while blushing.

Y/N: "Hey, no need to be embarrassed over that, people tend to like things that others think they don't seem to match." I respond, giving her a smile.

Bea: "Yes, it's just that I don't want people to know about it."

Y/N: "I understand how you feel, but don't feel ashamed about it, ok?"

She smiles at me, while nodding in confirmation.

Bea: "Y/N?"

Y/N: "Yes?"

Bea: "I have a request for you."

Y/N: "Sure, what is it?"

Bea: "I want you to battle me."

To be continued...