Prologue

(A/N: The Pokemon League in Hoenn has the same rules as the Champion Cup in Galar, with minor changes, first there will be a bracket with the Challengers, the one that wins in this bracket, will challenge the Elite Four and then the Champion. Also in the Hoenn League, you don't necessarily need an Endorsement Letter to compete.)

Y/N POV:

Here I am, currently sitting in my bed, inside my room, thinking back about what happened last week.

Flashback

I always wanted to try to participate the Pokemon League, and that's what I did, after getting all the eight badges, I got to the finals and with the help of my trustworthy Glaceon and Froslass, I manage to get the victory and would get the chance to challenge the Elite Four.

After a succession of rough battles, but in the end, I managed to come out on top, and even got a few compliments, mainly from Glacia, she said that the way I battle alongside my partners is impressive, and if I continue to sharp my skills, then maybe one day I can become someone very special.

After them, I finally got the chance to face Steven, the Champion of the region, a 2v2 battle, my Glaceon and Froslass Against his Skarmory and Metagross, it could be a good battle, but it wasn't, I got completely destroyed by his fearsome Metagross.

End of Flashback

After that loss, I was feeling kinda down, but not because I lost, but because it wasn't even close.

I am snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on the front door.

Mom: "Y/N, would you mind getting the door for me? I'm a little bit busy now."

I get up.

Y/N: "Ok mom, just give me a second."

I got to the door and was greeted with an unexpected guest:

Y/N: "M-miss Glacia? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Ever Grande City with the resto f the League staff?"

Glacia: "The league ended last week, so the other members and I were released and got the permission to go home; but first I wanted to speak with you personally."

Y/N: "Oh... ok, would you like to come in, to discuss this topic?"

Glacia: "I would love, thank you."

We both went in and sat in the living room.

Y/N: "So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

Glacia: "Y/N... do you remember what I told you, when you defeated me in the League?"

I start to think back and remember what she was talking about.

Flashback

After I defeat her, she retrieved her Walrein back to its pokeball.

Glacia: *sigh* "Young Y/N, your performance was truly exceptional. Even with the both of us using Pokemon of the same type, our styles of battle are clearly different, and your style really got me by surprise."

Y/N: "Thanks, Miss Glacia! That means a lot coming from someone like you."

Glacia: "Listen carefully boy, I can see that you have a brilliant future ahead of you; it will have lots of bumps along the way, but I can assure you, if you continue to sharpen your skills and bonds with your Pokemon, you can become something very special."

Y/N: "Understood! I'll try my best!"

They both left the court and went on different ways.

End of Flashback