Sonia

(Art made by MeguBunnii on DeviantArt)

Y/N POV:

(2 days before the Opening Ceremony)

Today I decided to wake up before Victor and his mom, so I could meet with Leon and he could take me to the Pokemon Lab.

So, I woke up and sneaked out of the house without waking them up and met Leon by the front yard of the house.

Leon: "Good Morning! Did you sleep well?"

Y/N: *yawn*"Yes, I did, you guys sure have a good hospitality."

Leon: *chuckles* "Yes, they both are indeed. We normally don't get that much of visitors, so it's only natural they act like that."

Y/N: "I see. So, what about this Pokemon Lab, how can I get there?"

Leon: "Oh, just follow Route 1 back to Wedgehurst and look for the building with purple roof." He replies, pointing in the direction of the dirt road that leads to the town.

Y/N:" Ok, so, let's go." I say, beginning to walk.

Leon: "You can go ahead; I still need to wait for Hop and Victor to wake up and tell them a few things before they leave Postwick. It shouldn't be a problem for you reaching the Lab, you have shown that you are better in direction than me."

Y/N: "I understand, so if Victor wakes up and asks for me, tell him and his mom I went on ahead."

Leon: "Sure!" He responds giving a thumb in confirmation.

I begim walking down in the dirt path back to Wedgehurst.

Timeskip (Arrive at Wedgehurst)

I reached the city and began looking around, trying to find the right building.

Y/N: "Ok, so it's a building with a purple roof."

After a quick glance to my right, I spotted the Lab.

Y/N: "Oh, there it is."

I walked to the Lab and tries to knock on the door. But before I could knock, I noticed that the door was opened. I decided to enter, assuming that the Professor was awake.

Y/N: "Hello? Is anyone there?"

I began looking around the Lab, there was table with two chairs on the left, a counter with some lab tools, like a microscope and a tray with an odd-looking rock on the right and shelves loaded with books, there were so many books, that there was a second floor just to reach other books.

As I was looking around, I am brought back to reality by an odd sound.

???: Bow wark!

I look down to see a corgi looking Pokemon staring at me. I crouch down to its level and begin petting him.

Y/N: "Hey there, little guy, what's up? Do you have a trainer?" I ask while petting him.

???: "Looks like he liked you."

I look up to see where the voice came from. I notice on the second floor, a girl, probably in the same age as Leon, with ginger hair and turquoise eyes. She wore a tan-colored trench coat and a green sweater.

Y/N: "Oh, sorry to enter like that, I saw your door opened and I thought there was someone here."

???: "That's okay, you must be the new Gym Leader, right?" She asks looking at my uniform.

Y/N: "Yes, indeed I am, my name is Y/N." I reply offering her a hand.

Sonia: "I'm Sonia, the professor's assistant and granddaughter." She responds shaking my hand.

Sonia: "And this is my Pokemon, Yamper." She continues, pointing at the Pokemon.

The Pokemon happily barks in response.

Y/N: "Nice to meet you both. So, I'm guessing the Professor is not available now, right?"

Sonia: "Yes, she is still hasn't woken up and is at home right now. Why the question?"

Y/N: "Oh, it's just that I don't have a Pokedex with the Pokemons of Galar. My Pokedex has only data from the Pokemon in Hoenn" I say, while sowing her my Pokedex that I gained from Porfessor Birch while in Hoenn.

Sonia: "I see, but no need to worry, I can help you with that. Just lend me your phone for a second."

I found it strange but handed her my phone. She began typing something and handed me back.

Sonia: "And done! Now you can use the Pokedex on your phone."

Y/N: "Wow, it was THAT easy? I'm feeling stupid now." I respond, half joking.

Sonia: *Giggles* "No need to feel that way. You came from a total different place, so its normal that you feel a little out of place with some things."

Y/N: "Ok, thanks Sonia."

We sat in an awkward silence for a few seconds before I decided to speak up.

Y/N: "So, you are the Professor assistant, huh?"

Sonia: "Yes, I help her studying and researching about Pokemon."

Y/N: "My mom is a Pokemon researcher back at home and it really rubbed off on me."

Sonia: "How so?"

Y/N: "I love watching and interacting with all kinds of Pokemon, mainly the Ice-Type ones."

Sonia: "So this is why you decided to become an Ice-Type specialist?"

Y/N: "Yes, this and because I enjoy as a person who enjoys watching the Pokemons habits and behaviors, what better way to study this than battling?"

Sonia: "You have a good point."

Y/N: "Yeah, I should get going now, sorry for disturbing you."

Sonia: "Wait."

Y/N: "What is it?"

Sonia: "Well I gotta kill some time before, Leon shows up with his little brother and his friend, so if you want, I can show you around the town." She says, playing with her hair.

Y/N: "Ok, I don't see a problem with that, but I need to get back to Motostoke today, without fail."

Sonia: "Okay."

We both left the Lab and she proceeded to give me a little tour around the small town of Wedgehurst, while Hop and Victor were still asleep.