Postwick

Y/N POV:

(3 days before the Opening Ceremony)

Today, I left the room, and got to the entrance lobby, and saw a man alongside a Charizard. The man had a long, purple hair, wearing a cap, he was wearing a black uniform shirt, with a sword and a shield on it, white shorts, with a number 1 written on it, white leggings and white sneakers. He spotted me and came towards me.

???: "Hey, are you Y/N?"

Y/N: "Yes, that would be me, why you ask?"

Leon: "Chairman Rose told me about you. I'm Leon, the Champion of Galar. Nice to meet you."

Y/N: "So, you are the Champion huh? Nice to meet you Leon. But I assume you are not here only to greet me, right?"

Leon: "Yeah, you guessed it right. I came for two reasons: to give you this, and I want you to accompany me to the station."

He hands me a letter, with a wax seal with the League symbol on it.

Leon: "This is an Endorsement Letter. As a member of the League Staff, you can give it to a trainer that you think has the potential to participate the Gym Challenge."

I take the letter.

Y/N: "I see. Just let me get it to my room and-"

Leon: "No need for it, let's just go to the station"

Y/N: "Ok then."

We both left the hotel and started walking towards the station.

Y/N: "So... Leon, why did you want me to accompany you to the train station?"

Leon: "Well, for two reasons, the first one is because, as the new Gym Leader of the Galar region, the people need to meet you properly, so I am taking you to Wedgehurst, a small town on the countryside, so people can meet you, also my little brother Hop wanted to meet you, since I told him about you."

Y/N: "I see, trying to build a fanbase to support me, right? That's actually not a bad idea!"

Leon: "Exactly. And Second, I am pants with directions."

Y/N: "Oh...right."

How he can be the Champion and doesn't know how to read a map? I don't know.

Timeskip (Arrive at Wedgehurst Station)

We left the train, and left the station, as soon as we got out, I hear a person scream.

Random Citizen: "THE CHAMPION IS HERE!"

And suddenly, we are surrounded by a crowd of people from all ages chanting and praising Leon. He notices the crowd, smiles, and make a pose. I look at him posing, and find it strange at first, but I noticed the crowd attempting to imitate his pose. Huh, I give it must be something that he does, the people like, so I'm not gonna complain. He then, stops posing and continues to smile at the crowd.

Leon: "Hello, hello, Wedgehurst! Your Champion is back! I promise I will keep doing my best to deliver the greatest battles for you all to watch!"

As he is speaking, I notice that two other kids approach the crowd, one of them is a boy with a purple hair and brown skin, wearing a blue jacket, I assume that this must be Leon's brother, and the other one is also a boy with light skin, brown hair wearing a gray beanie, and a red shirt. I was about to warn Leon about his brother in the crowd, but I hear people in the crowd shouting.

Person 1: "It's our unbeatable Champion!"

Person 2: "Leon, you and your Charizard are the greatest!"