42

days turns to weeks and weeks turns to month .. a month of working with jake . though she can't feel any struggle working with him because he stopped bugging her about his past .. it seems he forgot about it or he's just busy running the company .

this whole month the company staffs were so busy developing a new product . they have to produce a new instant food that they'll launch in the market . and our girl jazmine was twice busier than the CEO ..

she doesn't even have that much time to take care of Coby because she goes home late and just rest on her day off . her and taehyun rarely goes out but good thing taehyun would come to the Choi's if he had time .. well , if it's for jazmine , he always makes sure he has time .

on the other hand , jake was thinking of a way on how he'll corner jazmine to make her tell him about his past . but with him being busy , he can't make a right timing .. since he's so hands on at supervising the production . he's doing his best not only for the company but to make the board members to see that he's deserving of the title . that he's not just there because he was appointed because he's the inheritor of Sim Enterprises .

in other words , his past can wait .

maybe after the project , he can finally search for his past identity .

---

it's jazmine's day off so she's having her rest .. the baby was now sleeping beside her and even she wanted to sleep also , she just stared at Coby instead . she can't resist looking at him .

" Coby .. you know , the longer I look at you , the more you resembles your dad . " she said while caressing Coby's tiny face

" i always see him at the office and even I miss you , it lessens everytime I look at him since you both looked alike . " she chuckles

" it's the same when I miss him , I always look at you because you really resembles him a lot . we can't deny the fact that he's your father . " jazmine continued talking to the baby who's still sleeping soundly at the comfy mattress . he looks like an angel , peacefully closing his eyes and wandering around dreamland .

" if he hadn't done that , maybe we're still together now and you won't grow up without a dad ."

she was about to shed her tears when the door creaked open , creating a sound but good thing coby didn't woke up .

" Ni-ki , why are you here ? do you need something ?" she asks when the door revealed her brother .

" nope , but i heard you talking to Coby .. and talking about Jake hyung" he answered ..

jazmine wants to deny it but there's no point . the younger already heard her and her glossy eyes says it all .

" do you miss him ?"

is that even a question ?? she misses jake a lot even though she could see him at work and they're together the whole day . even if she denies it , she knows in her heart that she misses him .

" my focus now is Coby , Ni-ki " she said , changing the topic

" noona , I'm old enough to understand things around me .. if you miss him , just admit it . you don't have to deny it . "

" Ni-ki , you know how much pain that man caused me .. "

" yes I clearly remembered how broke you were in the past noona . but I know you still love him that's why you can't accept taehyun hyung's love for you" Ni-ki said as he sat down at the edge of the bed where jazmine lays.

jazmine adjusts herself and leaned by the headboard .. she then stares at her brother in amuse but after he mentioned taehyun , she felt guilty .

taehyun had been good to them , to their family . he cares and love them like his own . he loves jazmine unconditionally .. and thinking about what Ni-ki said earlier made her feel guilty . it feels like she's just making taehyun stay with her but her heart still belongs to jake .

" Ni-ki .. you know , I'm not ready to enter another relationships right ? and taehyun knows that too . " she answers and she could see how Ni-ki nods .

" but at the same time , i feel guilty keeping him .. he has done nothing but all good to us . i don't know how to repay him but i want to . there's nothing free in this world , and if someday he'll get tired of this and make me pay for everything , i'll make sure i can give him back .. maybe not everything but some of it . this is making me more guilty .. we owe him a lot and i don't know if i can give him my love in return of all of this . " she added and Ni-ki shakes his head in frustration . he knows what his sister was dealing .

" i know taehyun hyung won't force you in anything noona . he loves you and coby unconditionally , i could see that . but i feel sorry for him because i know you still have feelings for jake hyung .. "

" taehyun has been a great friend and companion to me . he gave me the love i've been longing and i thank him for that . i tried to open my heart for him .. i wouldn't lie in this but i do have some feelings for him but i'm not sure if i'm just infatuated or is it love . but when i saw jake again , it is as if what i felt for taehyun vanished . " she stopped when she realized what she said .. she mentioned jake and now , Ni-ki was looking at her suspiciously.

" you met jake hyung ? where ? when ? how ? why ?"

she couldn't believe herself spilling her precious secret to Ni-ki .. it was supposed to be told soon and but not now . but now that she accidentally said it , there's no turning back . Ni-ki's her brother after all . her closest friend as of the moment since sunoo , her best friend wasn't here .

" actually love , i made a secret for more than a month now .. " Ni-ki kept silent and waited for his sister to continue what she's about to say " jake is my boss .. "

the younger couldn't believe what he heard and tried to look at her as if he's asking if it's true since he couldn't find words to say it at this time . he was shocked by the news and the thought of jazmine hiding this from them makes him a little mad .

" love , i'm sorry if i keep a secret to you .. and mom . please don't be mad at me . i just don't want you to feel worried about me that's why i keep it a secret . i need this job for coby ." she said .. Jazmine knows her brother was mad right now

" yes i'm mad noona but not as mad as you think .. i understand why you did that . but please don't do it again . we're family here , we should trust each other .. "

" i know .. i'll tell mom okay ? now come here , i need comfort . noona's have been so tired these days " she said changing the topic .. she feels heavy by just mentioning jake . she want to hug Ni-ki to ease some of her concerns .

" eww , but okay " he said and hugs her sister instead .

jazmine was surprised that Ni-ki was the one hugging her . he doesn't do it since he's not clingy .. but having it done by him makes her feel that she's not alone . that she still have her family with her .

" aww , my baby had grown up .. you now give big bear hugs . " she exclaimed that made Ni-ki to cringed and let go of her . he was now shy that he did that .

" don't tease me noona . i just did that because i know you've been struggling "

" don't worry .. you don't have to explain . i know you love me " she let out a laugh after . Ni-ki was now red because of embarrassment . he doesn't want to be teased like this . what he did was cringey , he knows that . and he doesn't want her to mention it again . it's embarrassing .

" eww , whatever !!" he shouted playfully . he forgets that coby was sleeping ..

the baby soon startled by it that caused him to cry . both of them panicked since it has slipped in their mind that they're with a sleeping baby .

" oh no . the baby's awake " Ni-ki just said as he look at jazmine who cradles coby in her arms .

" now , i can't take a rest because of how loud my brother is . " she sarcastically said whilst having a smile on her face . yes , she can't rest now that coby's awake but having that moment with her precious brother was enough to cover up her tiredness .

: i honestly forgotten to update this story .. i've been busy that i couldn't write . also , i can't think of how to continue this but i already have the ending in my mind .