8

almost everyday that jaz would received a flower on her locker from jake .. sometimes a box of chocolates , a typical way of courting but it doesn't impress her . don't judge her , she's just wasn't the type of girl who get easily blinded by fancy gifts but it doesn't mean that she doesn't value jake's gifts , as a matter of fact , they enjoyed the chocolates mostly sunoo as he loves food .

she can't easily persuaded by just those things .by those , she felt like an ordinary girl that would just totally give in in just one day but she believes she's special , well as sunoo always says to her . she's waiting for jake to do something else .. she's waiting something in him that she completely can't figure out . something genuine , something that comes from his heart .. something that someone couldn't buy with money .

sure you can say she's so demanding but you can't blame her tho .. it's what she wants

they are now at her locker and once again to be greeted by a white rose and a mini chocolate box , decorated with ribbons .. sunoo just groaned in annoyance .

" chocolates again ? is he pigging us out ? oh my god my cheeks are getting swollen by the thought of eating that later " he complained as if he's the one to receive those

" it's okay sun , we'll just give this to ni-ki " jazmine said then grabbed the box and throw it inside her bag .

her locker was now like an altar where you offer flowers for some saints . some flowers are slowly drying and it feels suffocating inside her locker so she cleaned her locker because she can't put her things on it if those flowers are still there .

she just gave some flowers that are still okay to her favorite professor . then throw those who are dried already .

jake and her hasn't meet again after that incident in the park . the said boy was busy being an athlete and the school's representative for dance competitions .. he can't even attend to classes properly but he's excused actually .

but even she haven't seen him , he never failed to send gifts to her . how sweet of him .. she's happy that jake remembers her and proves to her that he really likes her .

--

she misses jake ..

this day , she decided to watch jake practice on the field .. she has a vacant time this afternoon . sunoo's absent today because he had a stomach ache . poor thing ..

she looks for a nice seat where she can watch them clearly and of course , it had to be shaded .. she hates staying under direct sunlight .. well , who else wants it ?

today , the team was practicing so hard as always because next month will be the interschool meet and they have to be prepared . their school will be the host and it's embarrassing if their team wouldn't win the championship .. it must be them on the home court lol

once she was seated , she roamed her eyes to look for jake who happened to be resting right now for a few minutes of break .

she just sat there , stared at him and nothing else .

as she keeps staring , she hadn't know that she's already zoning out ..

jake saw her at the other side of the field and immediately went to her but the girl was still looking blankly at where jake was earlier and oblivious that the latter was standing now by her side .

he called her and waved his hand infront of her that made her bring back to her senses .

" hi jaz !" he said

" oh !" the girl just said and panicked physically and mentally because jake is literally beside her . her crush is sitting beside her !

but then she remembered she was still observing jake if he's really sincere in his intentions towards here .

" sorry I'm always busy that i can't eat lunch with you " jake said apologizing to her . as if he's obligated to be with her always

" no ,no .. it's completely fine with me .. friends don't always eat lunch together so it's okay " she answered

" but i treat you more than a friend " he shyly said .. omg why is he being shy all of a sudden ? how cute !

she blushed with his words

" okay ? but that doesn't mean we have to always eat lunch together as i have my own lunch buddy and you also had a bunch of friends to be with .. " she reasoned out

" alright but have you received my gifts ? sorry i can't give it to you personally .. as i said , i was busy . sorry "

" oh those on the locker ? yeah , actually I'm allergic-"

" what ? you're allergic on flowers ? on pollens ?" he said in surprise

" no ! i mean , i'm allergic to fancy things .. to expensive things . so please stop wasting your money on those , instead save it for yourself " she said politely not to offend jake or anything .. she just wanted the boy to not waste his money because he can save it for their future together ..

oh ! he must not know that she thinks about that ..

" oh ! i'm sorry , i should have known .. " he apologized again

" why do you keep saying sorry ? " she said and looked at the boy who's not smiling shyly at her

" and why are you acting so shy so suddenly ? you're not jake , are you ?" she asked again grabbing jake on both of his shoulders and looked at his face . examining if it was really jake .. but it was a wrong move for her because she just brought herself in an awkward situation .

she bit inside her bottom lip softly as she stared at jake's features . she started with his eyes , his nose then on his lips .. and she might or might not felt weird when she saw jake smirked at her that she immediately pushed the latter . jake just giggled at her .

" oh i'm sorry .. i didn't mean to " she said looking away to hide her pinkish cheeks ..

" don't look away .. you're cute when blushing " jake teased her the giggled

" stop teasing me jake .. and i'm not blushing " she denied but there's still a shade of pink on her cheeks that made even darker when she saw jake smirked and bit his bottom lip seductively then licked it in front of her like why is he licking it in front of her ?!

stop that oh my god .. she just prayed the boy would stop attacking her heart right now as she can't handle this kind of things , as for now

she was about to say a word when they heard the coach called for jake .

the said boy stood up immediately after hearing his name

" umm , i'll go now .. see you soon baby " he said and winked at her and she wouldn't lie , that wink hit her heart directly

jake waved at her and ran to his coach with a smile on his lips when he hasn't heard any complain from the girl when he called her baby .

while jazmine just realized what jake called her and her cheeks immediately heat up from the sudden realization .

" OMG DID HE JUST CALLED ME ' BABY' ?" she yelled but covered her mouth as she realized she had said it loudly then looked at jake who's now looking at her with a smile on his face as his teammates was teasing him .

gosh ! they probably heard it ! fuck .. i just wanted the ground would eat me alive

she said in her mind as she rushed her way back to the school's rest room to hide in embarrassment .

🐾