40 - Welcome To The Gas Station Of Hell

Start from the beginning

"We both know that we had no idea if there was going to be a gas station." Anna sweatdropped.

"Gas stations are everywhere." I argued. "Even in nowhere."

The bus driver pulled off of the road, parking in one of the spots in the small parking lot next to the small gas station.

We got out, looking at the station. It had a small building and two gas pumps next to it. It wasn't a very large gas station.

"I'll refill the gas while we're here." The bus driver stated. "You go in and check for a map."

"Alright." I nodded.

We walked to the front of the gas station. I didn't recognize the company that owned the gas station. It was called "Dire Fire".

Maybe this is a gas station company that's only in Hell?

"Oh, it's a Dire Fire." Krystal gasped.

"No wonder it's all the way out here in nowhere." Sapphire sighed.

"What's a Fire Dire?" Lilia asked.

You and I wonder alike, little sister.

"It's a smaller gas station chain. They used to be big back in the day when I was young. Oh, the memories." Madam Webb smiled.

Madam Webb entered the gas station, with the rest of us shortly following. "This is nostalgic..." She happily sighed.

The gas station was comprised of a few aisles, some stands, and a desk where a cashier sat. I'm surprised that this place in the middle of nowhere has workers.

"Oh! A map!" Angela said, grabbing a piece of paper off of a stand. She unfolded it, revealing a map in her hands.

A small red dot in the middle of the map was labeled "You Are Here". Most of the map was a plain red, representing the barren plains.

At the top of the map showed some sort of town, and to the right was something...green?!

Something green on a map in Hell?! The green surrounded a blue circle, which possibly represented water.

Water?!

"Let's see..." Madam Webb hummed, looking at the map. "Oh, this is nice. We're actually quite close to our destination."

"Really?" I asked her.

"Yep." She replied. "You see this town? This is where our hotel is. It's also likely where the rest of the buses are."

"Well, that's good." I commented. "Than what's this?" I asked, pointing at the green and blue on the map.

"Oh, that's Oasis." She stated.

"Oasis?!" Gasped Anna, Krystal, and even Sapphire. "We're going to Oasis?!"

"What's Oasis?" Angela wondered.

"It's one of the few places in Hell that isn't actually burning!" Anna gasped. "I've always wanted to go!"

"Yep, that's where we'll be going for part of the field trip." Madam Webb smiled.

"How come the place isn't burning?" I wondered.

Everywhere else was burning plains, and the Dark Empire's territory was a desert, so how come Oasis was the only place not burning?

"Nobody knows." Madam Webb replied. "But it's a forest that surrounds a lake, filled to the brim with slime. It's theorized that the slimes are what saved it."

"Slimes?" I asked. "Like the ones at the beginning of video games?"

"Where do you think they got the idea from?" Madam Webb replied.

"They aren't was weak as video game ones, though." John added. "Or else Oasis would have been conquered by the government already."

"S-slimes are scary..." Brutus muttered.

"Then is it safe?" I wondered.

"It will be, since I'll be there." Madam Webb smiled.

"Yeah..." I sweatdropped.

"Alright then! Sir, I would like to but this map!" Madam Webb declared, walking up to the cashier and placing some money down.

The cashier grunted in affirmation, taking the money and placing it into the register. We left the building, heading back to the waiting bus driver.

"Find a map?" He asked.

"Yep." Madam Webb smiled. "Right here. I'll tell you the directions."

"Alright then." He nodded.

We got back into the bus, sitting down in our seats. The bus driver pulled out of the gas station, heading back onto the road and following Madam Webb's directions.

"I can't wait to see Oasis." Anna smiled.

"Yeah...me too." I agreed.

I think this field trip is going to be fun.