ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏss

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Sage wince as she climbed out of the car, slamming the door closed behind her. Sage wobbled up the Cameron's driveway, and found Rafe on the porch, throwing a tennis ball at the house repeatedly.

"Rafe?" Sage called out. Rafe had thrown the ball, but when he heard Sage's voice, he turned and the ball rolled away.

"Sage, please. You shouldn't be here." Rafe said, backing away from the girl he loved.

"Rafe." Sage called out, stopping as she watched him back away. "Please." Sage begged.

"Really, Sage. I'm dangerous." Rafe said, holding his hand up. Sage didn't believe that, she didn't believe that one bit.

"You're not, Rafe." Sage said, taking a small step closer to him. "It was an accident." Sage said, wincing when she took too big of a step.

Rafe wanted to go help her, but he felt like he would just make things worse for her. Just like he already had.

"Sage, please. We just need to forget each other, I'm bad for you." Rafe said, shaking his head.

"No Rafe, that's not going to happen. I know the only reason you broke up with me was because of Jacob." Sage said, and Rafe sighed as he sat down on the outdoor patio furniture.

"Sage I didn't have to do it, but I needed too. You're too good for me, and you need to forget about me. You can have someone so much better, it's what you deserve." Rafe explained.

Sage sat down next to Rafe, and reached out and touched his arm. Rafe sighed, knowing that he would break under her touch.

"I don't want someone else, I want you. You make me feel happy, you make me feel safe, you make me feel like a princess." Sage said, and Rafe smiled.

"I'm sorry Sage. I really didn't mean to do it." Rafe said, and Sage shook her head.

"Rafe, I know. I know you would never do anything to hurt me." Sage said, placing her head on his shoulder. Rafe placed his head overtop of Sage's and put his hand on her thigh and gave it a squeeze.

"Rafe, what are you doing?" A man spoke. Sage turned to see a man with a small beard, and dark hair and a leather jacket.

"Renfield, hey. Um..." Rafe trailed off. Sage stood up, wincing in pain. She bent over, and took a few deep breaths to help the pain go away.

"Babe, are you okay?" Rafe asked, rushing over to her side. Sage nodded, and threw Rafe a thumbs out because that's all she could manage to do.

"What's wrong with her?" Renfield asked.

"She got stabbed not that long ago, and she's still healing. She should be resting." Rafe said, rubbing Sage's back. Sage slowly stood straight up, and took another deep breath.