ᴄ ᴏ ɴ ғ ᴇ s s ɪ ᴏ ɴ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Sage had walked into the local grocery store to pick up a few things for her and her brother to have for dinner together.

She pulled the list out of her pocket, and grabbed a cart heading to the isle that contained the first thing on her list. She sifted through the boxes of Mac & Cheese, and finally grabbed the one she needed.

Sage heard a group of familiar voices talking, and they got closer and closer to her and her heart raced.

Sage threw the box of Mac & Cheese in her cart, and pushed the cart quickly to the end of the isle. She turned the corner, and accidentally slammed her cart into the back of John B.

"Ow, yo." John B said, turning around. Sage quickly tried to turn around and walk away, but JJ had grabbed the end of her cart.

"Sage, hey." Kie spoke, hoping to get to talk to her best friend because she did miss her. Sage turned on her heels, and tried to walk away again, but Pope stood in her way.

"Sage, please, can you talk to us?" Pope begged, regretting everything he had done to basically his little sister.

"I can't. I have to go." Sage said, looking down at her shoes. Pope reached out to touch her, but she flinched at his touch. Pope pulled his hand away, and took a step back apologizing to her.

"Sage, you gotta know that we didn't tell you because we wanted to protect you." John B spoke, bringing up the thing Sage didn't want to hear about ever again.

"I don't want to talk about it." Sage said, on the verge of tears. Her friends saw her uncomfortable manner around them, and they all were filled with a sense of guilt.

"I love you Sage, we all love you and we never wanted to hurt you." JJ said, trying to get her to understand their side.

"Well you did, and quite frankly, and I can't take anymore hurt. After seeing my mom yesterday, and the people I love the most lying to me, I just can't okay?" Sage said.

She saw their expression turn to shock, and she regretted telling them that she saw her mom because she knew they would ask.

"You saw your mom?" John B asked.

"Where?"

"Did she talk to you?"

"What did she say?"

Everyone threw an abundant amount of questions at Sage, who grew overwhelmed at them all. They all realized how straight forward they were being, and calmed down.

As much as Sage wanted to be mad at them, she did want to talk to the people that knew her the best.

"I saw her while I was on a pizza date with Rafe, and she was talking about how she missed me and my brother and my dad forced her to leave us because she wasn't doing well in rehab." Sage explained.

"Shut the fuck up." JJ spoke, shocked at the news.

"And she has a new family now." Sage said. Kie pulled her in for a tight hug, and the rest of group also embraced her in the hug.

She wrapped her arms around Kie, and squeezed her. She missed her friends, they had been friends forever and she really didn't know how to function without them. But what they did, Sage couldn't forget.

"We never meant to hurt you, and we're sorry about your mom." Pope said, hugging her tighter.

"I know, I... I just need time." Sage said. The group pulled away from Sage and nodded.

"We understand, and we're always here for you." JJ said. Everyone agreed with him, and Sage nodded and smiled.

"Thank you guys. I'll see you around." Sage said, turning around, and walking to leave the store. She didn't grab anything on the list, and trudged home. Jacob saw her walk in with empty hands, and grew confused.

"Where's the stuff?" Jacob asked, and Sage sighed.

"I'm sorry I just, I saw John B, Pope, Kie, and JJ and I had to leave." Sage said, plopping down on the couch and putting her feet up on the coffee table.

"Wait, I don't get it." Jacob said, setting a pan down on the counter before he walked over to Sage. "Why don't you want to see them?" Jacob asked, trying to pry information from his little sister.

"I-"

"Don't lie to me either. I've known that something was wrong for weeks, but I was waiting for you to come to me." Jacob said. Sage pulled her knees up to her chest, and held back her tears.

"Is it about mom?" Jacob asked, and Sage shook her head.

"It's hard for me to talk about." Sage cried. Jacob pulled her body into her and embraced her in a hug, and rubbed her back comfortingly.

"I went to a party a while ago, and Pope told me he saw mom and I went off the rails. Some guy was talking to me, and I looked away for two seconds and he spiked my drink, and..." Sage trailed off, holding back a sob.

"And what?" Jacob asked, hoping he was only assuming the worst, it didn't actually happen to her.

"He almost raped me." Sage sobbed. Jacob's heart broke for her. It was his job to protect her, and he failed. Jacob had completely forgotten about his food cooking on the stove, and held Sage in his arms as she cried.

Although he wanted to find whoever did this to her and kill him, he knew that she need her at a time like this.

𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚋 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚗𝚗𝚗