𝐈

Being a part time student, waitressing at a fancy restaurant and living with my best friend at 19 is a lot

Being a part time student, waitressing at a fancy restaurant and living with my best friend at 19 is a lot. I mean my life is just so busy all the time. My name is Liyah Rochelle Williams.

Me and my best friend, Natasha moved into our dream apartment in the Bronx about 2 years ago. It's been so much fun and so far, we haven't tried to kill each other.

 It's been so much fun and so far, we haven't tried to kill each other

(Natasha, My best friend)

I graduated at NYU. I don't start law school till later on in the year so I've been chilling ever since. I working at a fancy restaurant so that I can pay some of the bills and rent.

Apart from that life is good. Im not really looking for someone right now. I went through a bad break up about 3 years ago so I've avoided dating ever since. It's almost as if I'm afraid to love again.
________________________________
8:30pm

I stood in the kitchen, mixing in the pasta bolognese while the pasta boiled

I stood in the kitchen, mixing in the pasta bolognese while the pasta boiled. Jungle by Drake played in the background as I sipped on some wine. I loved cooking. It was something I enjoyed doing in my free time.

"Sooooo! Whatchu think?" Natasha asks me, doing a little twirl.

I turn around and admire how pretty she looked. She wore a black bodycon silk dress, that showed off her figure. Her hair was nicely pulled back in a low ponytail and wore some clear heels. She looked beautiful.

"Omg you look amazing!" I shriek giving her hug.

She was going on a date with this boy she met at NYU before we graduated. We went to the same university but she's studied Astronomy.

"I'm just really nervous. What if I mess things up? What if I say the wrong thing?" She rants.

"Stop it! You'll be fine. If you really like this boy as much as you say you do, things will go smoothly. Just get to know each other more. And most importantly, have fun!" I reassure her, putting my hands on her shoulders.

She nods taking deep breaths. We hear a knock at the door and we both shriek. She adjusted herself as I walked to the door and opened it.

An Asian boy with black hair, in an open black suit stood there. I could smell his expensive perfume from where I stood. He must of been quite rich from the way he looked.

He had a rose in his hand

"Hey. You must be Daniel right? I've heard a lot about you." I say to him with a slight smile on my face.

"Oh yea that's me. I'm guessing your Natasha's best friend, Liyah right?" He replied putting his hand in his pocket.

I nod politely. Before I could say anything else, Natasha appears in the hallway, right behind me.

"Hey Daniel." Natasha says looking him up and down.

"You look absolutely beautiful." He chuckled admiring her.

"This is for you." He says giving her the rose.

"Awh thank you." She replied taking the rose, smelling it.

I stood holding the door watching the whole moment.

"Shall we?" He ask holding out his arm in-front of her.

"Yes ofc." She chuckles holding his hand.

"Have fun guys!" I shout from down the hall as I watch them walk away together. They looked so cute.

I shut the door and make my way back into the kitchen. I fix myself a plate before walking into the living room. I get comfortable on the couch and watch some Netflix.

After finishing my food, I wash my dishes and decide to hop in the shower. I shaved and did my skin care routine. Come and See Me by PARTYNEXTDOOR played on my speaker as I came out of the shower.

I put on a pair of silk pjs as I get comfortable on my bed. I tied my curls into a messy bun and grabbed my glasses.

I finished up my essay on my laptop that was due tomorrow morning. After I finished that, I watched some YouTube before slowly falling asleep.