Chapter 13: Will's POV

I stopped kissing Nico because it felt wrong to be affectionate towards him after what I did.

Nico looked at me, a hurt look spread across his face.

I didn't know how to say this, so I'm just going to say it to him. I looked at Nico, tears filling my eyes, "Nico, the patient I lost was Bianca."

Nico began sobbing, he looked over at me, "It's not your fault." I hugged Nico and he tensed under my grip. Eventually, Nico hugged me back and his body relaxed against mine.

Nico mumbled into my chest, "Will, I still love you." I hugged Nico a bit tighter, "I'll always love you."

Nico fell asleep on me in the position we were sitting in. My arm around Nico, back pressed up against the wall. It wasn't the most comfortable, but at least Nico didn't leave me.

I didn't sleep much during the night. I just kept replaying the events of the day. I thought about what I could have done to save Bianca. I came up with nothing, but I still felt guilty.

Nico shuffled in my grasp and whined, "Will, stop moving." I smiled and ruffled Nico's silky hair, "I'm not moving, you are."

Nico sat up, a sad look on his face, "Will, I think we should take a break." I studdered, my eyes filling with tears, "N-Nico. Why?" Nico replied sadly, "I don't think I'd be a very good boyfriend right now. I don't want to do that to you. I think you deserve better than what I would be at the moment."

I nodded, understanding where Nico was coming from, "Okay." I gave Nico a kiss good-bye and left his cabin for good. I probably wasn't going to be back for a while.

I sulked back to my cabin, tears still lingering on my cheeks.

When I entered the Apollo Cabin, Hannah greeted me with a smile. I embraced her and immediatly began crying on her shoulder. Hannah rubbed my back and whispered, "It's okay. Let it out."

I began crying harder and told my story between sobs, "Nico said... We needed... To take... A break."

Hannah let go of me and led me to my bunk, "Did he have a good reason?" I nodded my head, "Nico said he couldn't be a good boyfriend with Bianca on his mind all of the time." Hannah put her hand on my shoulder, "That's how you can tell he's a keeper." I looked at her quizically, "What do you mean?" Hannah fiddled with her jeans, "He cares more about you, than he does himself."

I glanced at Hannah, "So what you're saying is, I should give him some time and then talk to him." Hannah nodded, agreeing with my statement.