Chapter 1: Nico's POV

My name is Nico di Angelo and I am a demigod. I am the son of a Greek God or Godess. I'm not sure which one, but I hope my Godly parent is strong and noble.

Today was going to be my first day at Camp Halfblood with my sister, Bianca. I already knew I wasn't going to fit in, I never did. I was just too different.

Not to mention, I am gay. So, everyone tries to avoid me.

The only person I have is Bianca.

*Four hours later*

We were walking up Halfblood Hill, when we were greeted by a tall, blonde boy who introduced himself as Will. He was cute. His tan complexion brought out his blue eyes.

I blushed as Will shook my hand, "My name is Nico." Will dropped my hand and surveyed both me and my sister, "You both should head to the infirmary. You have wounds that need to be taken care of."

Bianca and I followed Will to the infirmary, where Will patched us up. He gave us some ambrosia and necter and then we left the infirmary.

Will grabbed my wrist as I began to leave, "Do you want to hang out some time?" I nodded my head in response to his question.

Chiron, the centaur, showed us to our Cabin. For now, Bianca and I would be sent to the Hermes Cabin. The Hermes Cabin is where all the travelers would go.

After we settled in, Chiron invited us to the Dining Hall so we could eat something. I just moved my food around my plate, thinking about Will.

Why had he been so nice? I scared most people because I wear all black. Why was he different? How could he not be scared of me? Thoughts raced through my head.

He was probably just trying to be polite.

Yeah, that's it. That has to be it. Will was just being proper.

Don't get too attached because he doesn't like you.

I kept telling myself Will didn't like me, but the signs were obvious.

He'd smile at me when no one else would. He kept blushing when he looked at me and his heartbeat always sped up when he was near me.

Tonight, there was going to be a campfire. Bianca and I were going together.

When we got to the campfire, it roared a bright orange, which indicated happiness. After Bianca and I got claimed, the fire roared a dark purple, indicating anger and confusion.

I was a child of Hades, ruler of the Underworld.

He was the most hated of the Gods, but he was my father. I had to deal with him.

Apparently, Hades wasn't supposed to have children, but I could clarify that.

I cleared my throat, trying to get the Campers' attention, "I can explain... We got stuck in the Lotus Casino before the War. We finally escaped a few years ago."

The camp fire calmed down a bit. Now it was a light redish orange.