1 - why tommy should stop being in charge of my birthday mornings

Start from the beginning

"You would never commit such a crime!" I theatrically gasp, trying to hide how flustered I felt.

"No, but I would commit severe crimes so you could have a happy birthday, which says something about us," Tommy stated, and I nod.

"Really? I think you might love me more than I love you, because the worst crime I'd commit for you is 'scooter to the ankle', so-"

"WOAH! Woah, scooter to the ankle? Jeez. That's...that's a pretty crazy thing to commit for me, are you a hundred percent sure about that?" He asked, a hand resting on my hip.

"I'm a thousand percent sure, Tommy. I've never been more sure of anything in my life, believe it or not." I purse my lips out for a kiss, making it not so much a demand as it is a request.

Tommy-behaving exactly how I thought he would-leans down, cups my cheeks in his hands, and kisses me softly on the lips. I kiss back-duh-and pull back a second later. Of course, the kiss would've lasted longer had a question of great importance not popped into my mind.

 Of course, the kiss would've lasted longer had a question of great importance not popped into my mind

"Tommy...what time is it?" I asked, squinting my eyes.

"Time is a construct and life is a living hell, I don't think it's important that you know the time." Tommy had hesitated before speaking at all, which is why I knew he didn't want me to know the time. Probably because it was way too early.

"I'm gonna go look at the alarm clock now, Tommy." I took three steps back, and as I started to look at the alarm clock, I felt Tommy's hands wrap around my waist and pull me back.

"NOPE! No no no, no thank you, that alarm clock- it's actually broken, believe it or not. It's been broken like...every single time I've woken you up in the past week." He continued to pull me further away from the clock. Classic Thomas Slater.

"Oh really? It's been broken every day that you wake me up at an unreasonable time?" I word my question in a way that I knew would be hard for Tommy to get around.

"O-okay, maybe the clock isn't broken, but I promise you I have a very good reason to wake you up this early today. That's a promise." He assured me, now stopping his backward walk and setting both of my feet back down on the floor.

"And what would that very good reason be?" I asked my millionth question of the day, turning to face Tommy once more.

"We're gonna go watch the sunrise on your day of birth! I bet it's a really gorgeous sunrise, too."

~~~~~~

I had changed into a white long sleeve shirt, tucked into a pair of grey shorts I'd taken from Cindy's closet a while back. Since we were the same size, the black belt I wore wasn't necessary, but I still wore it to accessorize. The hiking boots were necessary for just about any activity held at Camp Nightwing-other than swimming, of course. Tommy and I had hiked up to a cliff that overlooked the pond, all before the sun started to rise.