Scene 33 - Destruction!

Start from the beginning

Ned:

Say our prayers, Gladys.

Fischler becomes worried.

Fischler:

We're getting a little too close now.

Thunderbirds 2 and 3 are on course too, flying quickly to the site where doom awaits them. Meanwhile, Thunderbird 1 and Shadow keep firing at the energy. Although it is much thinner now, it still draws upon vast amounts of power.

Scott:

This is hopeless! Our ammo will run out eventually. Thunderbird 1 to Zero X, Captain where are you?

The craft has now finished burning through the atmosphere, but still shakes erratically. The ship rockets down towards the Earth.

Maxwell:

Ok! Just about Thunderbird 1! We'll be there in minutes!

Scott:

Zero X, we have seven minutes and counting!

Thunderbird 1 and Shadow keep firing at the energy. We then see the SKR5 and TVR19 continue crashing down towards the Earth, with shots of Thunderbirds 2 and 3 travelling to the left of the screen. The Zero X accelerates down to the left of the screen.

Maxwell:

Arm the missile canon ready. Fire retros! Hold her steady!

The craft blasts its retro rockets. The arm cannon is extended out in mid-flight.

Newman:

Impact, now six minutes!

Kayo sees the mighty Zero X approaching. It slows down and begins to hover and approach up to Thunderbirds 1 and Shadow. The firing from the three ships begin! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Scott contacts base, and we see Brains as a hologram.

Scott:

How are we doing Brains? We only have another four minutes!

Brains:

F.A.B. Scott. At c-current rate, you sh-should be done within the next two m-minutes. The crafts will have to pull out of the dive in order to esc-cape impact.

Virgil:

Scott, even from a long distance range we can't fire back. Our instrumentation is completely dead.

The energy is now much thinner. The firing continues. Scott and Kayo finally stop.

Kayo:

My ammo has finished.

Scott:

And so has mine. Virgil and Alan can't do anything. It's up to you now, Zero X!

The Zero X fires and fires at the energy, which is now almost gone.

Three minutes!

The SKR5, TVR19 plummet down. Thunderbirds 2 and 3 can see it in the far distance.

Martin:

Paul, we're almost out!

Maxwell:

We just need a few more seconds!

The energy is now incredibly thin! And finally, the rays go!

We did it! We did it!

Newman:

With a bit left to spare.

The rays had gone, but a rumbling begins to shake around the ground. Thunderbirds 2, 3, the TVR19, and SKR5 find they can all pilot their own ships again.