Scene 11 - Unearthly Experience

The Zero X has been placed in some kind of world of mirrors around the spaceship, very similar to that of the one the Zero XL was in. The crew are baffled by this strange world.

Newman:

Where are we?

We examine around the spaceship and then return inside the craft again.

Maxwell:

We could be precisely anywhere. Just like before. I guess there's no sense in trying to radio for assistance.

Martin:

Our instrumentations just cannot make out where we are.

Maxwell:

Well Doctors, any theories?

Grant:

I would say that the light we passed through, whoever or whatever it is controlling it, or has a mind all its own, is in charge of this place. It seems to me though that we have been teleported by that strange light into what could be another realm. A different reality altogether as we were discussing earlier.

Pierce:

And for this weird hall of mirrors, who knows. It's like the kind of thing that you would get at a funfair. But somehow I get the feeling that something or someone wants us to be here.

Newman:

Paul, there is oxygen outside! And a gravity that is identical to the strength of the Earth's.

Maxwell:

That theory of us being deliberately brought here seems to be becoming more and more substantial.

A bright white light shines inside the Zero X and on the crew.

Martin:

Hay, it's the light. It's gotten inside!

They flash and rematerialize outside the Zero X.

Maxwell:

Add another shred of evidence.

Pierce:

Now I feel like we're getting warmer and warmer to this mystery. It's like as soon as we say something right that it wants we get closer to it.

Maxwell:

I reckon our next best shot is at these mirrors.

They all approach a mirror.

Grant:

Careful. We don't know what could happen next. We could get lost in a hall of mirrors forever. Especially if it could go on forever.

Martin:

Maybe it could be like a portal to somewhere.

Maxwell:

If so, then we will find it out. For now, let's head through the maze.

They begin to head through, cautiously. All of them are outwitted and deceived by the mirrors.

And stay close. Are we all here?

They all grab onto one another's arms. For example, Pierce holds onto Grant.

Newman:

There are all six of us here, Paul.

Maxwell:

Six?

Newman:

Look, two Dr Grants!

Pierce:

What?

Grant:

It's alright. I know I'm here.

Grant 2:

All of me anyway.

Grant, however many there are of them, step back and suddenly disappear in a trick.

Maxwell:

Dr Grant! Dr Grant!

Martin:

It's taking us one by one.

Maxwell:

Are the four of us still here? Martin, Pierce, Newman? Newman? Where is he?

Martin:

He was right here a moment ago.

Pierce:

Look, the floor!

They see Dr Newman's reflection on the floor and look up to see endless versions of him. They all then suddenly fade away like ghosts.

Martin:

What on earth is going on here?

Pierce:

I don't know. But we must stick with each other.

He seems to have stepped through into a mirror. We see dozens of reflections of him across the other mirrors, and then he too fades away.

Maxwell:

Dr Pierce!

Martin:

This is what next in this diabolical game we're being played with.

Maxwell:

Next phase of what it wants maybe, but we don't know if they're still alive. Greg? Greg!

He was left alone in the hall of mirrors. We see him from a high view, now alone and unsure of his next actions. Dozens of more reflections in the mirrors are seen of Maxwell, creating a haunting feeling of danger and terror...