Scene 20 - X marks the spot

The sun bakes down onto us from a long-range, looking up to the bright blue sky. We can feel the intense heat of the rays, and then we cut to Rigby out alone in the hills coping in the heat. Rigby pants as sweat pours from his brows and leans on a hill with an extremely high gradient. He then quickly hides in the bushes when he sees three men on horseback patrolling the area – hunting for him. Rigby watches very closely with eagle eyes. The horses continue elsewhere. Seeing that his route is clear, he makes back out heading away. He runs away. We see a long sequence of him running and running and running for ages through the fields and hills, sprinting as fast as he can to escape from Harmony. He then finally runs over some large dried-up mudded area stretching for a considerable number of yards. It appears as though that this area has been dug up and the ground buried back again. There are some strange voices Rigby can overhear as he stops over the area. In fact, this interruption has made him halt. The noise is some form of beaming light energy, combined with a faint singing noise.

Rigby listens in carefully. It sounds extraterrestrial, nothing from Earth. He continues listening in and then concludes that this must be the alien source he has been looking for. Rigby looks around and takes out a white pen marker and crosses a large "X" on the ground beneath him. Now, he then runs off again to finish off his escape. This continues for a very long time until he eventually comes across a large bush, prickly covered with trees overhead. Track marks of a car are noticeable on the ground, leading inside to the bush. He heads inside, and we see that there is a cover inside the bush. It takes up the space of the large bush, and then, when he takes off the cover, we are presented to the BR2 Lightning car! He smiles gladly to himself. Back in the jailhouse, Penelope, Parker, and Tucker remain trapped in their cells. Pete has already fallen back off to sleep, as his head sleeps on the table with his gun down. The Kid remains to stare at them uncomfortably with the gun pointed at them.

Parker:

Where would Mr Rigby be up to now, m'lady?

Penelope:

Oh don't worry. He's planning up something. Making a distraction perhaps, but something to aid us in our objectives – somehow. He could be making for the BR2, and FAB 1. This situation may call for reinforcements.

Tucker:

BR2?

Penelope:

Yes, Tucker. It was designed as a mobile test bed for a new generation of lightweight super-efficient gas turbines engines developed by our engineer. It was the second prototype based on a Universal Motor Company Lightning 505 high-performance racing shell to be engineered in our workshops after the BR1 exploded during rolling trials. Plans are also afoot for a new BR3 model. Race proven, with superior speed and handling, the sleek lines of the BR2 have been aerodynamically developed to provide low air resistance at high speeds.

Tucker stares at her, confused.

Tucker:

I had no idea what you just said there, but ok.

The Kid keeps staring at Lady Penelope.

I'm sure that's just gone right over his head if he was listening to that too. Hey, you! What have you already been told about staring at the lady? It's rude. Learn some manners.

The Kid remains cold and emotionless in his response.

Kid:

Shut up.

Penelope:

Don't worry, Rex. I can handle it.

Rigby is now inside the BR2. He starts the engine up, revving it up with a wonderful sound of energy and speed. The BR2 slowly edges out from the hedges, and then makes a terrific noise of its engine and races out back to the Village! Rigby frowns and smiles as he accelerates in the wonderful car. We see it shoot along the fields, followed by a side-on shot, and then more shots from angles. Three horsemen hunting for Rigby cry out and hurry away as the car approaches them at terrifying speed. The horses spook and charge off along with their owners. Rigby also revs up the engine from time to time to sound his presence. The BR2 approaches Harmony! In the jailhouse, Penelope and the others hear the engine of the wonderful car and wakes up the drunk Pete from his sleep, snoring.

Pete:

No Judge, I swear... hay, what's that racket!

Penelope:

Speak of the devil, Parker.

The car then charges just into the town, and small missile cannons extend from the sides of the bumpers out in front. Rigby operates the control panel that would be between the passenger and driver. A screen with firing targets is present, and he aims directly at one of the buildings in front of him. He then fires a red button, BAM! BAM! KABOOM! KABOOM! POW! A fire explodes in the building. The mighty explosion blows flames and smoke writhes up to the sky like a Bunsen burner.

Pete:

What's that? A fire!

The fire continues to burn at the building. The BR2 quickly reverses and spins back around. Rigby then accelerates away. His tire tracks dig into the ground, and he hides away out of sight and stops the car. Rigby knows he is safe and thinks the others will be able to escape. He watches the fire burn up into the sky as the house fries up like matchwood...