Chapter 46: Will You Be My Wife?

Acacia Mcknight

Glares burned the side of my head as I cursed myself silently. I should have gotten ready earlier and if I didn't eat the whole tub of ice cream, I wouldn't have to face this issue.

Who even asked you?

I purposely avoided meeting Damien's burning gaze and stared out of the window, as if the view was the most interesting thing in the world.

Lalalala! I am enjoying this so much! Heck you, Casey!

The car sped up and I meekly turned my head. The first thing I saw was how his jaw was clenched and then he looked at me, raising his eyebrows, up and down, playfully.

Is hottie mad?

"Acacia, two hours were too less, right? You should have taken the whole day" Damien's voice was deep and husky with anger and frustration.

Ah, dang it!

I nervously gritted my teeth and played with my hands. Sliding the ring on and off my fingers.

Do you realise that ring is more expensive than your whole entire existence? Kindly get your hands off of it.

"Damien, sorry. The ice cream and pickles looked so yummy, I couldn't help it-"

His eyes widened and his lips parted in utter disgust.

Uhm, how dare he judge our food choices?

"You ate them together? Acacia, from what I remember, you hate pickles"

We still hate then but Casey is a certified madwoman, now.

"Yeah, but I suddenly love them. They are so cute and tangy, yum!" I smiled at the thought of the disgusting combo and craved for more.

Truly disgusting, I must say.

Damien just gave up on me and shook his head without saying anything.

Even he gave up on us *Clicks tongue*

I don't know where he is taking me but since I sat in the car and tried to ask him, he'd just dodge the question. Also because he was pissed off at my delay but I only took 2 hours!

Only, just only.

It took me an hour to finish the ice cream and pickles and another hour to pick out a dress. I ended up choosing a pretty ivory dress, which reached my knees and had a dropping v neckline. I paired it with some gold, dainty accessories.

From what I could see from the window, beautiful, skyscrapers surrounded the area and looked highly posh

From what I could see from the window, beautiful, skyscrapers surrounded the area and looked highly posh. Now I am even more confused.

So.. I am.. Confusion?

"Where are you taking me?" I repeated my question and he whispered without looking at me,

"You'll know soon"