Chapter 43: Tantrum Time!

Acacia Mcknight

I woke in the middle of the night, my throat felt dry and I was thirsty. I sat up on the bed and looked around the room. There was no sign of Damien. I rubbed my eyes to check if I was blind but no.

Where is the hottie?

After getting up from the bed, I grabbed my robe and put it on. Then I walked downstairs and the moment I reached it, I heard a familiar voice come from the foyer.

That can't be Damien.

Yeah, this voice sounds toxic, already.

As if.

I strolled towards the voice and there I saw Damien's back facing me. He was standing by the door, his fists were clenched and he was looking at someone.

He was wearing a dark, full-sleeved shirt. His sleeves were rolled up and his hair looked like he just woke up. They were messy but even from his back, he looked insanely attractive.

Who the heck dared to bother us so late at night?

"I should have forcefully taken her before you married her. It would have hurt her"

Who is this idiot?

My eyes widened as blonde hair came into my vision. Damien had moved to the side and I saw the face I wished to never see.

I secretly wished to burn it too!

Matthew Smith.

Why can't he just leave us alone! At least leave Damien alone.

"I warned you in the evening, you still came?" Damien growled and I saw his hold on the door tighten.

I took a step forward but I accidentally knocked off the vase, placed on the round table.

One day, Cass, just one day, please learn how to not do such disasters. I beg you.

Both heads turned towards me and I nervously smiled at Damien even though fear was eating me up.

Oh well hello, act like the supermodel you aren't.

Matthew whistled like a stupid douchebag he is and said, "Oh Damien, you won a lottery, didn't you? See, how good she looks in a nightgown. Ugh."

Dirty Douchebag, don't even bother taking his hot name!

He groaned and took a step inside but Damien rasped, "Go inside, Acacia"

Yes, let's go-

He must be here because I didn't sign the papers. Oh God, I told Damien!

I swallowed harshly but my feet wouldn't move. They stuck to the ground like glue.

As usual, you and your slow reflexes, keep it up, babes.

Damien tilted his head but before he could say anything, Matthew spat, "Have you seen her without it?"

Actually, not yet, but I hope it's soon *Smirk*

My face contorted in disgust as Damien lashed out at Matthew and I yelled, "Damien! Leave him, please! It's useless! He's doing it to anger you, just stop!"

Did he just ignore us like we are invisible? Well I am, but you? Cass, how could he?

Damien paid no attention to my words and punched Matthew across the face, "You think you will talk dirty about my wife and I'll stay quiet? Huh?"

Uh-Oh!

Damien's voice was dark and what's scarier is that he wouldn't stop.

He might even kill this burden on earth. Good for us.