Chapter 32: Hot Daddy!

Acacia Mcknight

Should I drink? Or no?Well, we are distressed

Well, we are distressed.

I think I should stop Damien from drinking. We have been sitting at the bar for almost half an hour and Damien hasn't stopped drinking ever since.

I won't drink because I'll have to drive back home, and Damien is not in his right mind right now.

I inched closer to Damien and pulled his glass of vodka away.

How can he drink this? It's so ugh!

Damien groaned and rolled his eyes, "What the fuck are you doing, Acacia? I'm not drunk"

Damn, his alcohol tolerance is impressive.

His everything is impressive.

"Damien, drinking is unhealthy and you drink a lot," I asserted and fell back into my seat.

This club is probably the most expensive one in Los Angeles and I am sure Damien has spent over a thousand dollars already.

His gaze slid over me slowly as his eyes hardened, "I think I told you earlier? Alcohol is the only constant in my life, Acacia."

My heart pained hearing his words and tears pricked my eyes.

He has suffered so much and I feel so terrible for him

Why is he still looking at us? I'm getting shy.

Damien then stood up and said, "I'm going to the washroom, stay here"

I didn't get time to reply and he left.

I don't know when's the right time to tell him about the threats. I'm scared and I doubt Damien is in the right state of mind.

I anxiously looked around the club. People dancing, behaving intimate and most drunks creating a huge scene.

This is interesting, very.

I looked in the direction of the male's restroom and he still hadn't come.

Is he stuck? Or it's personal?

Gross, stop!

Opening my clutch, I took out my phone.

The messages wouldn't stop and this time, I didn't click on them. I am terrified.

I will tell Damien everything today.

Soon he came out and something in my head sparked.

Your brain probably expired. You didn't use it very often. It was useless while it lasted.

Play drunk! Damien knows my tolerance is shamefully low so he won't suspect anything and I can make him smile too!

I slammed the table and got off, wobbly.

Damien's eyebrows furrowed and people started to give me weird glances which screamed, 'Who is the maniac?'

He licked his lips and walked over to me, "What are you doing?"

He hoarsed in my ear as he grabbed my elbow but I just grinned, foolishly.

This is embarrassing!

"You are so cute!" I squealed and giggled, clapping.

Damien rolled his eyes and said, "Sit, Acacia. How much did you drink?"

I pouted and hit his chest, "Look, everyone! My husband doesn't like me! He's mad at me!"

He wasn't mad at you earlier but now he will surely be. He might even divorce you! You'll be homeless!

Oh shut up!

People began to laugh as Damien stared at me and I stuck my bottom lip out, frowning.

"I am not angry at you, Acacia." His voice was low and raspy.

"Mm-hm" I shook my head and waddled towards the bar. Damien ran behind me and grabbed my waist before I fell.

Watch it dumbo!

"Whoops!" I giggled, caressing his covered arm.

Obviously, I didn't touch his skin.

"Acacia, watch it" Damien growled, and I grinned again.

I think he's just getting angry! You can't make him smile!

"My husband doesn't love me! Look at him, everyone!" I yelled before fake crying.

Casey, shut your dumbass up!

Damien's eyes hardened as he husked, "She's crazy, I have to admit her to a mental hospital, sorry"

I hit his chest as I saw his lips curve up a little, "You want me to love you, Acacia?"

Yes, yes I do. Badly.

Oh, here comes the lovesick idiot.

I hummed, stepping on my toes and kissing his cheek as he held my waist, tightly.

"My husband is a heartthrob! How could he not love his pregnant wife!"

Oh hell no! When!?

The crowd began to murmur and laugh as Damien coughed.

"She's crazy, and she's not pregnant"

I giggled and wrapped my hands around his neck, "You're gonna be such a hot daddy!"

What are you thinking!? Are you seriously drunk?

Damien laughed and patted my waist, "Sure beautiful, but I don't like kids, now what?"

Oops, and here you were, planning your life with 3 kids. But they can have different dads, don't worry!

He held me and walked towards an empty corner. A smirk settled on his lips and a gentle smile on mine.

I lowered myself and kissed his collarbone.

His breathing quivered as he gulped.

"What will you do now? With the baby?" Damien whispered, trailing his fingers down my neck, sternum and till my belly button.

We're ticklish! Stop!

I just quietly watched his finger before saying, "Hmm. Guys! My husband is refusing to accept his baby!"

Damien began to laugh again as he said, "Stop including people, babygirl."

I giggled and patted his chest, "You are the best husband and a wonderful man. No wonder I love you-"

SHUT UP! STOP!

Damien's eyes widened and I coughed, "I'm drunk remember, don't listen to me."

Good job, you're so dumb.

He chuckled and nodded before taking my hand in his and walking outside.

He didn't say anything as I followed him before suddenly, he stopped.

"Since you are drunk, all I would say is, I don't believe in love, Acacia." He had a small smile but I failed.

I failed in all aspects. I made him smile but it was useless.

It's okay babes, we can cry over a heartbreak.

And then he leaned in and I looked away, blinking away my tears, "You can stop pretending now"

Ah God. You are a born failure.

I snapped my head towards him and frowned, "What?"

Damien kissed my cheek and whispered, "I know a drunk when I see one. Nice try"

I huffed and walked towards the car. I could hear Damien laughing in the background and that made me smile.

"Damien stop," I said as he walked over to the driver's side.

He furrowed his eyebrows, turned around to face me and asked, "Why?"

I walked over to him and gripped the handle, "I'll drive. You drank far too much"

He didn't reply for a moment and stared at me before nodding.

Funny thing, I don't know how to drive.

Ooh lord, this is how we die!

The moment we sat in, Damien murmured, "You don't know how to drive, do you?"

Oh, this is humiliating. But Casey doesn't know many things, like swimming, driving, or even speaking normally at times.

Turning to Damien, I saw him lay back in the seat, cold eyes staring right through me. He looked far too sober for the amount he had drunk.

"It's too soon to judge, you haven't seen me drive yet" I try to cover up but he turned his head to the window and said,

"Acacia, you don't know where to insert the key, is it still too soon? Where is the accelerator then?"

Oopsie.

"Your car is just too advanced, Damien, I uh.. Ugh," I sighed and crossed my arms.

Damien chuckled, leaning back in his seat, casually running his eyes over me. Then he took the key from me and inserted it in the spot.

I could really use some car knowledge.

"Now, wear your seatbelt and relax," Damien said and not once did he take his eyes off me.

I looked at him, my emotions ranging from anxiety to scepticism and annoyance.

He shrugged and said, "Keep your eyes on the road, Acacia. I don't wanna die just yet"

I snapped my head towards him and gritted my teeth, "Mcknight, I am not that bad"

You are worse.

Damien kept his eyes on the road as he muttered, "Oh I know"

And then I began to drive. I successfully scarred Damien as I drove over all the bumps in the door without bothering to avoid them. Almost ran over a human and violated all the signals.

Thankfully, Damien didn't yell and shockingly, he was silent.

Was he sleeping?

Damien would mutter some curse words and sometimes groan but nothing more.

I was the only one yelling but let's not remember that.

I hope Damien isn't deaf.

"God fucking damn it, Acacia. We're still alive, can you fucking believe that?" Damien pushed the door open and walked inside as I followed.

 We're still alive, can you fucking believe that?" Damien pushed the door open and walked inside as I followed

I kept my head down and Damien fell onto the couch.

My limbs hurt.

My everything hurts.

"Acacia? Are you okay?" He asked as I sat on the couch next to him.

I am not. There is too much on my head.

Damien's eyes shifted onto my flushed cheeks as he furrowed his brows, taking my hand in his. Stroking my knuckles.

I shook my head and looked up at him.

I should tell him now.

You should. Just hope he doesn't get a heart attack. It's been a long~ day. Eh oh.

I sucked in a deep breath and took my phone out of my clutch.

"Is everything fine?" Damien's tone was filled with concern as I held his palm and put my phone on it.

He looked at me, his eyebrows furrowing at my actions.

"Damien, I have been getting these messages for a bit now. Someone keeps telling me to leave you, it's scary"

Damien went through the messages and poked his tongue inside his cheek. Mumbling a 'what the fuck'

Dirty, don't say!

"Don't worry, I'll track the number down and about the texts, don't take them seriously"

I pouted, looking down, "I don't wanna leave you"

My voice was very low. But Damien smiled, tightening his hold on my hand. "Don't worry about anything"

Sometimes I really want him to love me, not sometimes. All the damn time.

Sadly, babes, the feeling isn't mutual. Ouch.

Have I done the right thing? Maybe Claire was right, I don't match his standards and I am definitely not his type.

The train of my thoughts was cut off my Damien standing up and said, "I'll be in the room then"

I just hummed and walked with him.

I'm tired!

********
Hello everyone! I hope you found this chapter interesting. 

If you did,  please don't forget to comment and vote!

Stay safe! <3

-Aubree <3

If you did,  please don't forget to comment and vote!Stay safe! <3-Aubree <3