Chapter 34: Because I love you, Damien!

Damien Mcknight

Have I ever mentioned how much I don't wanna be a lawyer anymore? No? Well now, I am. I have sitting here, listening to this man for the past 1 hour trying to figure out what his problem is.

I could see Acacia looking for me but she can't find me because I'm sitting in the lobby and the glass of the window is an obscure satin.

However, I can see her and the others clearly, they are having so much fun. Acacia is laughing and she looks adorable.

I have missed the first half of the gathering, already.

"Damien, darling" The man smirked, caressing my arm gently.

I felt myself cringe at the contact as I pulled my arm away, instantly.

"Listen, Mr Samuel-"

Samuel grinned shyly and leaned over the coffee table, eyeing- sorry, eye-fucking me over and over again. This is highly uncomfortable.

"Come on, Call me Sam"

Did he say that while winking, umm ew?

I cleared my throat and looked in Acacia's direction before his eyes widened. He gasped louder than a dying whale, attracting unnecessary attention towards us.

I snapped my head in his direction as he pulled my left hand to his face.

"You're married!? Oh, Jesus Christ!" He screeched and I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

What does my marital status have to do with him?

"Happily married" I gave him a fake smile and went through his file.

My fingers rested on my temple as I crossed my legs, my right leg over the left one.

He seriously is wasting my time, who calls a lawyer when someone has rejected your proposal? I'm not a matchmaker, for fucks sake.

"Listen, Mr Samuel, I suggest you consult someone else for this case. I am afraid I can't hold on to it" I calmly said and stood up.

Samuel too stood up and sighed, "Damien, you are a lawyer!" He speaks while pouting.

I turned to him and said, "Precisely,"

I extended my arm to shake his but the moment I pulled away, he grabbed my arm again.

Uh, fucking hell.

I stood in my place as he mumbled, "But Damien, are you avoiding me because of your wife?"

I just don't get some people.

I chuckled, "I am not avoiding you, and please leave my wife out of this. I can't and won't be taking your case."

I don't have time to fix other people's relationships and I am not interested either. I already have the blackmail texts on my head.

I began to walk but again, Samuel is one clingy client. God damn it!

"Damien, I am not done yet!"

Control.

I sucked in a deep breath, just to avoid lashing out at him.

"Mr Samuel, I am, and kindly do not follow me around like a leech"

And then, my gaze shifted to Acacia. A woman pushed her rather harshly. Her ankle twisted and she fell into the pool.

I felt my anger rise as I pushed Samuel from me and ran outside.

"Damien! You're hot!" He yelled but I paid no heed to his words.