Chapter 40: With Love Comes Toxicity, aka Ms Witch.

Acacia Mcknight

I hugged the plushie Tristan bought me and changed sides on the couch. I have been trying to sleep for so long now but I am so restless. My mind keeps wandering back to the kiss and then Damien.

I don't understand him at all. One moment he says mean things to me, and the other, he kisses me as if his life depends on it.

But isn't that flattering?

Damien, however, was sleeping peacefully on the bed. I didn't sleep with him because I'll just be uncomfortable and then I usually hug him to sleep, so to avoid that, I am killing my back.

This couch is as hard as a rock! Just go to the bed!

I removed the blanket from around me and tiptoed to the bed.

When I reached, I saw how calm Damien looked. As if he had no worries in the world. His lips were parted and his hair covered his forehead. He looked adorable.

Just like a baby!

I want a baby!

I crawled on the bed and sat next to him. Caressing his hair, I absently murmured, "Do you like me?"

His lips curved up in a small smirk and I heard a husky voice as I kissed his cheek, "And if I do?"

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped as I jerked back but he pulled my waist.

What does he mean by, and if I do!? Does he!

I feel like a fairy! I feel like we ate a million chocolate bars!

I fell on top of his chest and he put his finger on my chin and closed my mouth before pecking my lips.

I blinked about a hundred times before asking, "What?"

He shrugged and pulled me closer, "And if I like you? Then?"

That's it, I might explode!

I placed my hands on his chest and looked at his face. He didn't look like he was joking though.

"Are you drunk?" I asked and tried to move away but he chuckled and flipped us around and I hovered above him.

"Mm, no, I am not. Why?"

He must be crazy.

I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't believe it.

Damien laughed softly and stroked my waist, "Why are you so shocked? How can I hate you, Baby doll?"

I felt heat rush up my cheeks as I cupped his face, "Did you do drugs? Damien, drugs are so not good"

Great way to ruin a romantic moment.

Damien's eyes widened as he pushed me off of him and got up, "What the fuck goes around in your head, Acacia? Why would I do drugs?"

Exactly! But don't tell him I go around in your head.

"B-but! How can you like me? You said I was annoying and you couldn't deal with someone like me! I am not even rich! And you even signed the divorce papers!" I said, all in one breath and sat up on the bed.

Damien sighed and whispered, "I was lying, Acacia. I was lying to you, to Tristan and myself. I didn't know what to do and I didn't sign anything."

Damien's cheeks stained red and I smiled brightly, "So I hold the power to make Mr Damien Mcknight blush and flustered?"

I feel powerful!

Damien chuckled and pulled my wrist towards him, making me land on his lap, "Mhm, you hold a lot of power, sweetheart"

Oh Claire, what a gem you lost. Too bad, he's all Casey's!

I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and I felt strong arms slither around my waist, "I'm sorry, Acacia"

I placed a kiss on his neck and shook my head, "That doesn't matter"

Damien pulled away but he still didn't let me move from his lap.

My hands fell to his chest and I leaned in.

We were so close, our breaths mingled and we could hear each other breathing.

Damien's hand slid under my shirt and rested on my midsection as I cupped his jaw before placing my lips on his.