Chapter 31: It's Mrs Mcknight For You.

Acacia Mcknight

"Damien?" I called after sitting idle for at least 20 minutes in the car.

When can we eat!?

Damien hummed and his fingers tapped the steering wheel, gently.

"Are you upset with me?" I timidly asked as slowly looked up at him.

He looks so hot in black, God why!?

His tongue swiped across his bottom lip as he shook his head, "No, I am not"

"Then why aren't you talking to me?" I sounded like a three-year-old!

Please bury me before I get further embarrassed.

Damien chuckled and briefly looked at me, his left hand resting on my clasped ones, "Acacia, I don't talk in general, that doesn't mean I am upset with you. Why don't you talk and I listen?"

He surely knows we love to talk!

Yeah, my jaw hurt from staying so quiet.

I smiled and asked, "Why did you ask me to change if you didn't like the dress, Damien? You sent it, right?"

Damien furrowed his brows as he listened to me, "I didn't send anything, Acacia"

I frowned and tilted my head as Damien moved his hand.

"But I found it in the room, I thought you sent it for me to wear"

Damien shook his head, "I didn't, why don't you go through my mail and see if there is a mistake? I didn't order anything"

I looked at him before hesitantly approaching his phone.

The first message in his mail was.. Claire Williams but it was recent.

No snooping, we don't care bout that lady dog anyway.

"Oh and ignore Claire's messages, she's bothersome" He chuckled and I smiled.

After swiping for a while, I saw a text, "Oh here it is! It's a mistake, they accidentally shipped it to our place. Now I see, it was far too revealing for your taste too" I said and Damien smiled.

"You know my taste?"

I hummed and faced him, "Well I have comprehended enough, you are tough to understand"

Damien just laughed in return.

We stepped out of the car and the place was flooded with guards.

A rich people thing, huh?

Damien wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, "Stay with me at all times and don't follow anyone, okay?"

I nodded before I tiptoed to reach his ear, my hands rested on his chest and he turned his face to the side.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I asked.

Oh no! Not the right time!

Damien hummed, stroking my back, keeping his eyes from me.

"I can't actually. Uhm, I'm scared of large crowds" I giggled nervously and Damien calmly pulled me closer, kissing my forehead.

"I'll be with you at all times, don't worry"

I don't know why but staying in his arms just made me feel safe and happy.

I can stay here forever, what's the rent?

Then suddenly, Damien's hand slipped up my back.

His fingers ran down my back.

Why can I feel them so clearly?