Chapter 19: Happy Birthday Damien!

Acacia Mcknight

I knocked on the huge black door about three times before I heard a faint and husky "Come in"What if he was really busy? Maybe he didn't want to be disturbed?We don't want our babe to starve, do we, Cass?Oh no noI walked in to see Damien sitting o...

What if he was really busy? Maybe he didn't want to be disturbed?

We don't want our babe to starve, do we, Cass?

Oh no no

I walked in to see Damien sitting on his chair, working on his laptop. He had his black reading glasses on, hot damn, I didn't know he wore glasses? He's one of those people who look bomb in black.

Well, we don't know many things about him but here we are.

His hair was messy as he continued to run a hand through them. Oh, his beautiful green eyes and brown hair. Godlike creation.

"What is it, Acacia?" His voice was low and his attention was pretty diverted,

I didn't answer, just looked around the office. It was dark as the rest of the house but it felt so open and airy, a big grey desk with gold lining placed in the middle. A gorgeous coffee table adding to the room.

"What do you want, Acacia?" Damien asked again and this time I answered,

"I brought you the dinner" I whispered sitting on the beige chair in front of him. Soft and comfy.

Damien looked up at me and the food before he leaned in, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Thank you Acacia, but I can't eat right now" My smile dropped a little as I sighed

"It will take just 5 minutes, it's not much" I heard Damien sigh lowly, closing his laptop.

"You won't stop until I eat, will you?" He asked, chuckling breathily.

"Mm," I said, shaking my head, giggling.

Stop staring at him, you creep!

"Acacia, do you need help with the exam preparations?" He asked, gulping down a glass of water as I mumbled a "slow down" making him laugh as he nodded.

"I'm just nervous. But I'm well prepared so I'm good" Damien gave me a thumbs up making me laugh as he went back to his laptop.

I don't know why but I felt a sudden rush of guilt hit me as my eyes teared up.

Casey, babes, don't do anything stupid.

I walked over to Damien as he turned his head to me and stopped typing.

Shockingly, I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him towards me, hugging him tightly. I heard Damien gasp lightly as I tightened my hold.

It's hormonal, stupid Casey! You never fail in embarrassing me and my feminine ego.

"I'm so sorry Damien" I whispered, tears falling down my face.

My posture straightened as Damien stood up, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Why?" He breathed out as I dug my face in his neck.

"You went through things you didn't deserve" I cried as he scoffed gently, caressing my back.

"Don't worry about me, Acacia, see, I'm perfectly fine" I shook my head, my nose rubbing against his neck. Our bodies pressed together.

His warm scent is just so intoxicating.

I felt Damien stiffen a little as he asked, "Are you okay?"

I nodded my head before he asked, "Sure?"

"Mhm," I mumbled, my fingertips caressing his bare neck and chains.

I am hundred per cent sure, you're suffocating the life out of hotness.

"Doesn't seem like it" He whispered against my hair as I moved closer.

"You don't trust me?" I asked with a slight chuckle, resting my head on his shoulder

"Oh, baby girl. I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and is still alive"

I instantly pulled away, my eyes wide and teary but I laughed. I laughed louder than ever.

Luckily, it was soft and pretty, and you didn't snort either.

Looking at me, Damien started to smile, removing his hands from around me.

"That just implies that you don't trust women," I said, leaning over the desk, my front facing him.

Damien shrugged, pushing his glasses up slightly, "Maybe I don't?"

I just smiled, he's joking around, right?

"In short, you don't trust me?" I asked and he moved closer, pinning my wrists gently to the desk.

"Hmm.. Will it upset you if I said I don't?" He asked as I looked down.

He doesn't trust me either?

I inhaled deeply, looking into his green eyes. He was so close to me, I could smell his cologne and hear his breathing.

"Trust is earned, Damien. I just need to work harder then." I whispered before he placed his lips on my forehead, softly pecking it.

"You are a wonderful woman, Acacia. The person to marry you will be the luckiest man on earth, trust me"

Ouchies.

I don't think words can hurt as much as that statement did. Maybe I wanted him to say something else.

It's okay Cass, we can still go on dates, right? We'll find someone better than hotness here.

I gulped, slowly nodding. He still didn't confirm if he trusts me though.. Maybe not.

Why am I so disturbed?

It's not a big deal, it's not like I'm his real wife anyways.

Actually, babes. Hate to break it to you, but you are his real wife, you are married to hotness.

"Good night, Damien" I whispered and he nodded,

"Sleep well" He mumbled, lowly as I walked out of the office.

I should just sleep, I'm tired.

I entered the room and the first thing I did was mute my phone, I don't want Matthew's calls and messages to disturb me or Damien at night.

How long will I hide from him though?

Why am I even hiding?

I'm not scared.

Don't lie to yourself, Acacia, you are petrified.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

A few days passed, both I and Damien were busy with our work.

I have been studying day and night for my exam and we both barely talk.

I see Damien early in the morning, he gets ready and leaves for the firm without having breakfast.

He comes late at night and by that time, I'm exhausted with all the work at the hospital so I sleep early.

Thankfully, Christie and Liam come over frequently and Stacy is always there.

Right now, I'm preparing for Damien's birthday.

I'm hella nervous, what if he doesn't like it?

"Acacia, we should hide, sir will be here any minute now," Stacy said as I nodded.

"Acacia, is his gift ready?" Christie asked and I turned to face her.

"Yup, I'll just place it now" I mumbled, tying the ribbon across the huge blue box.

After I checked everything, I hid behind the couch next to mom and dad.

"Darling, don't be nervous. Damien will love it"

I just smiled nervously.

Chill Casey, it's not a big deal.

Of course, it is! It's his birthday

The sound of the passcode being typed caught my attention as I sat lower, gripping onto the couch.

Thinking of that, I still don't know his passcode. Then again, I barely go out and Stacy always opens the door for me.   

The only person, not hiding was Stacy because Damien would get ultra sus.

The front door opened revealing Damien, he was wearing a simple grey button-down and jeans, no coat.

"Hey Stacy" Damien whispered as Stacy bowed a little

He walked upstairs to our room as I stayed hidden, peaking out.

It's been at least 4 days since I heard Damien talk and I missed him, not gonna lie.  I had this unsettling feeling in my stomach and the annoyingly appealing churning when I saw him today. He looked different. 

You're just blind, he looks the same. 

Desperate is never attractive, Casey, you know?

Shut it! I'm so not desperate, why did you even bring it in?

"Stacy, where is Acacia?" Damien asked, walking out of the room. Leaning on the staircase.

He must be shocked because I'm usually sleeping by this time so I'm always in the bedroom.

"Sorry sir, I don't know. Ma'am left hours ago"

I must say, Stacy, is a remarkable actress.

I couldn't help but smile at the look of confusion on Damien's face. 

His eyebrows held such a cute furrow as he looked around the dark hall.  Thankfully, we had switched off the lights to just, you know? Boost the surprise element.

"She didn't tell you anything?" He asked, walking downstairs again.

Stacy shook her head, briefly looking in my direction.

"Okay, would you tell me why the lights are out?" Damien asked, crossing his arms.

He unbuttoned the top two buttons of his shirt, taking out his phone.

"I wonder wher-"

"Happy birthday Damien!" 

********
It's hotness's bday! To anyone who forgot, his birthday is on the 10th of January so FYI, Damien's a Capricorn.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Stay safe and have fun! <3

-Aubree <3

Don't forget to comment and vote!Stay safe and have fun! <3-Aubree <3