Chapter 45: Paper Thin Walls?

Acacia Mcknight

I woke up to arms wrapping around my body and lips kissing my upper back. I smiled to myself and held Damien's hands that were around my bare stomach.

Recollections of last night replayed themselves in my head and I snuggled my face in the pillow, blushing. That was the best night of my life.

"Morning, gorgeous" Damien's breath tickled my shoulders and his morning voice caused butterflies to go haywire in my tummy.

"Good morning, Damien" I whispered and slowly turned around to face him. My body hurt a little and I winched quietly but Damien rubbed his hand gently on my abdomen.

"Are you okay?" He asked but I just stared into his beautiful eyes and snuggled in his chest before realization hit me. I instantly moved away and Damien grabbed my wrist

His chest and neck were this purplish maroon colour and they looked like insect bites or even rashes.

I choose rashes, he has tactile defensiveness, remember?

"Acacia, what is it?"

"Damien, you are covered in rashes!" He furrowed his brows before looking at himself and bursting into laughter.

"Acacia, I told you before, these are called hickeys. Love bites, remember?" His finger traced my neck and collar bone as he circled all the marks he left my skin.

Dumbo.

I covered my face with my hands and pulled the blanket up to my chest.

"But didn't I hurt you? How come your skin isn't irritated?"

He smiled and kissed my forehead, removing my hands, "Because I am used to your touch. It doesn't bother me and you didn't hurt me, darling"

How flattering!

I then looked at the wall clock and instantly sat up straight, "Acacia, be careful, God damn it"

Ouch! Idiot!

I turned to look at Damien and I said, "Damien! Mom and mama will find out I am not in the room! Oh God, I am so dead"

My head spun from getting up so fast but I ignored it because I was too busy panicking.

Ah, so shall I prepare for the funeral?

He chuckled and got up, throwing a shirt over his head, "Acacia, I told mom you were going to sleep with me, don't worry"

I let out a sigh of relief as Damien handed me my sapphire blue robe.

"Acacia, you should shower first. You'll feel better"

I nodded and tried to get up but I gasped loudly and pain ripped my body apart.

Damien rushed over to me and picked me up in his arms, "Acacia, you need to learn to be a little more cautious"

I looked away from him and my pupils narrowed and seemed to flee from the expanding whites of my eyes.

Oh lord no!

Did you stab yourself or what!

"Damien! Why was I bleeding!" I yelped and he licked his lips,

"It's normal, Acacia. It was your first time so you bled, it's okay" He calmed me down and then I frowned,

"But why didn't you bleed then?" He smirked and pecked my nose as he put me down in the tub,

"Because I am not a woman, shocker, right?"

Omg, I thought otherwise.

I smiled as he walked out of the washroom.