Chapter 28: Her Safe Place

Damien Mcknight

After the hearing, Acacia had decided she wanted to give me a treat. She was so excited and her happiness and the way she expresses it is just adorable.

I let her chose the restaurant and figure other things out. She still thinks she will get to pay for it. Of course not, I'll pay for it, I just won't tell her that yet.

On the other hand, I was relieved. Finally, that man and the lawyer, whose name I can't remember anymore, is in prison. How dare he hurt Acacia.

Right now, Acacia is walking around the restaurants situated near the court and she was enjoying this.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Damien, look! I know you like Italian, we could have food here, right?" She asked, turning to me.

I gave her a small smirk, "You don't like Italian, Acacia"

Her hazel eyes widened as her cheeks tinted a beautiful red, "No Damien, who told you that?"

She can defend herself as much as she wants but I saw her reluctance towards the cuisines in Italy.

"I'm a lawyer, darling, it's my job to note the slightest of things" I winked at her and took her hand in mine, walking towards other restaurants.

Acacia was far too busy sulking and then, suddenly she stopped walking.

What's wrong with her?

I turned to look at her and her complexion paled entirely.

Well, this is concerning.

Acacia is normally a very outgoing, cheerful girl. Aside from those times when that man and Matthew had hurt her, she never cried. At least not in front of me so her being so stunned is surprising. I forgot to add one more, she cried when we fought too, anyway.

She rubbed her eyes as if she's hallucinating and then looked behind me again before saying, "Can we go home, Damien? I'll treat you at home, please?"

I tilted my head as I tried to turn around but she quickly cupped my jaw and shook her head.

"What's the matter, Acacia? Are you alright?" I asked, putting my hand on her waist.

She licked her lips and gulped, "I love you"

My eyes widened as she placed her lips on mine and moved closer to me.

This is concerning.

Why did I freeze?

Acacia wrapped her arms around my neck and stuck her body on mine, caressing my neck.

And then I saw.. Matthew Smith.

I see, he looked worse than the picture Acacia showed me.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer, sliding my left hand up to the back of her neck.

Her lips quivered as I kissed her rather passionately.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Metanoiaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें