Chapter 38 | Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"What took you so long to pick up a call hmm?" she does not stop her interrogation and I put her on speaker to remove my coat and unbutton few buttons of my shirt, I always feel suffocated in this office attire.

"I was with my secretory sweetheart" I speak up to not piss her more "who? that guy who acts like he is into boys. I said you not to hire young blood" I laugh at her rude sentence "Stop that" I laugh at how jealous she gets at times "And he is not gay for God sake Inaya, how many times should I say you that" I laugh but she scoffs and ignores my words.

"I will think about it when he stops telling I love you every freaking time" okay she looks in a bad mood what happened to this girl.

"Hmm okay...but what's wrong with my sweetheart? Why is Inaya sounding upset and mad today?" she does not answer and after a long silence I hear her sniffing.

"Hey, what's wrong sweetheart?" I off the speaker and bring my phone up to my ear to hear her mumbling a "Nothing" she mumbles and I can tell that is a pure lie.

"Where are you now?" she sniffs again and breathes out to stop herself from crying and here I am losing my shit, why the hell is she crying?! Many unwanted thoughts run through my mind which is raising my heart beat.

"I am picking you up where are you tell me? You went to the mall right?" she does not answer any of my questions and that worries me more.

"Sweetheart?" Eventhough I am impatient I let my voice come out soft and calm cause I know this tone of my voice will calm her so I softly speak "where are--" she cuts me off "In-cab...I will be reaching your office in few" before I could answer she cuts the call leaving me all worried and scared behind.

I stand up and slip my phone in my pocket before rushing out, the building is big it has many block and my block where I work is on the right which takes at least 10 minutes to reach the entrance, we do have another entrance but only staffs uses it since it's in the back.

And Inaya does not use the second since she thinks the hallway is creepy and she thinks there is a ghost hidden somewhere in the corner, well, her assumptions.

I walk fast ignoring all my employees who are greeting me with a bright smile. I do not even glance at them which is not something I do but my mind is messed up and I just want to see Inaya now, she was crying...and I don't even know why? Gosh she will make me go insane one day.

"Boss what happened?" my Secretary jogs towards me with his mouth stuffed with food and he is already having a frown on his face. "Nothing...you go eat your lunch" I tell him to leave me indirectly but he being a stubborn brat follows me.

I ignore his presence but walk towards the entrance and soon my heart pounds inside my chest when I see my wife's small figure from a distance.

"Stay here" I sternly tell my Secretary who blinks his eyes confused but nods and stays in his place. I don't know what is wrong with Inaya but I am sure she will take her anger on this young guy who is innocent.

I jog towards the girl who's eyes are on the floor as she walks lazily without looking at the front. Reaching I gently hold her wrist to not startle her by sudden touch but even after being gentle she flinches slightly and moves back and that small movement panics my heart.

"Hey, what's wrong?" her eyes are shining and her lips wobble, she looks like she will cry any time soon, without any other thought she hugs me tightly and all her small movements are scaring me since I don't know why she is crying.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong? You are scaring me" she sniffs but does not answer, her brown eyes filled with water is making her look more beautiful with that hijaab securely covering her hair and a loose lavender long gown which always looks bright and beautiful on her skin is working nothing less today. She looks as beautiful as ever. But now its not the time to compliment her.