Chapter 38 | Jealousy

A year later

"I knew it! They loved your painting, Mr and Mrs Calvin is asking for more collaboration, gosh this is amazing!!" I grin at my Secretary who is looking happier than me as he reads the email again and again.

I sit back on the chair with a happy heart and a happy face, when your work gets what it deserves you can not describe the feeling your heart goes through. It feels amazing, the parsing, the happy comments, the followers of my work who emails and tells me their views is just a different feeling which we cannot describe and I am so happy that finally I am becoming famous. I wanted to become a painter and here I am.

I have earned enough money to own a firm since Zain is encouraging me to open my own firm, I feel like I should give it a try too.

"Okay, you have to throw a party, take me to an amazing restaurant" my secretory sits In front of me with hopeful eyes "It sounds like I am taking you out for a date" he makes an scrunches his face in disgust after hearing me.

"Gosh these kids nowadays" he rolls his eyes and sits back, being all casual in front of his boss. Kid? He himself is 22 and he is calling me a kid?

Yeah, 22, my old secretory resigned because he was called by his mother to his home town, and can anyone resist mom's request? Nope. So he is now in his home town but still he did not forget his adopted by heart son, he always calls me asks how I am doing and about my well being.

This new secretory of mine joined 7months ago and in only 7 months he acts like he is the vice president of the company, he does not show any attitude but acts like he is my older brother and he is so tired of handling me. Yeah, he is dramatic--correction overdramatic

I feel like I am the one who is not acting like the boss we read in books, because whoever is working they never see me as a boss not that I am complaining, I love being friendly with my employees but this guy is too much when he is tired or upset he walks in and shows a grumpy cute look before lying on my couch and sleeps for hours but only after completing all the work I assigned.

"Arent you being all free when it's working time?" I raise my eyebrow and the young brunet quickly looks down on himself to see him seated with his legs crosses in a bossy way.

He gives me an awkward smile before sitting straight, "Boss when I am happy I do whatever I feel like, don't get offended" he clarifies so I do not see resignation letter infront of his table next morning, nodding I raise my eyebrow and before I could tease him my phone rings.

I pull out to see who called me and in no time I mentally grin when I see Inaya's name on the screen, before attending the call I look at this young soul who quickly understands that I am asking him to leave, thank God he is not dumb.

"Boss remember the treat! Don't worry I am not gonna disturb you now" he stands and wastes no time to walk towards the door.

When he was about to leave I speaker"Alexa buy everyone the meal they want on lunch, it's on me!" I grin at the guy who is contemplating whether he should be angry or happy, but when he pouts but also grins from his eyes a chuckle leaves my lips at his cuteness "Boss!! It's not Alexa its Alex!! Stop calling me Alexa" he whines but does not forget to thank me "I love you boss!!" he yells and in no time I hear a loud cheer from my employees.

The phone which I forgot to pick and which was ringing till now goes off and I curse under my breath for not picking her call, I do not call her back since I know she will be dialing me up again.

When her name pops up again I quickly press the green button "Assalamu--" before I could greet I was cut off with a stern voice "Are you cheating on me??" I can feel her glaring through the phone. Gosh this girl.