Chapter 33 | Painful

With my trembling hands, I take my file and the prescription he gave which I am planning on buying later in the evening.

"It is also difficult for us to say such news to the patient but we can not hide and keep you behind the curtain...how much ever time you have make it memorable and enjoyable" my heart clenches and hurts at his words but I give him a smile with a nod.

Trying my best to not break down and sob like a kid. I stand up but Inaya stays in her place with shock evident in her eyes. She still looks traumatised.

I pull her up by her arm, her body not weighing even a pound, she easily stands up and follows me but suddenly moves forwards to hold my arm tightly.

"Thank you" I let out in a low voice before walking out with Inaya who's hands are intertwined with mine and my other is gripping the report.

We do not share a word because I know if I open my mouth I will only let out an ugly sob, so I keep my mouth shut while swallowing my tears.

When we reach my car, I open the door so Inaya could sit but she does not move an inch, so I bring my hand up to rub her back up and down and taking her out of her imagination which are wild and ugly which I can tell since she is crying non-stop. Silently.

When she finally sits, I lean down to buckle her seatbelt before walking towards the driver's side with my trembling legs and hands.

I am not sure if I will be able to drive without crashing on to something. My mind is not at all in a stable state and my hand are trembling terribly, I am scared of hurting Inaya who is already looking way to broken.

I gather my shitty self up with my hands on the gear, I try to move but failed bitterly, so I quickly on the cooler while letting my head fall back on the headboard with a sigh, I bring my hand up to wipe my face and the lone tear which unknowingly escapes my eyes.

I shut my eyes close to not cry but was forced to open when I hear movements. Inaya unbuckles her seatbelt and moves to be on her knees, I let out a gasp when she without any hesitation jumps and sits on my lap with her legs on either side of my hip she sits in front of me.

I quickly hold her waist so she does not fall as she makes herself comfortable on my lap as if it was a chair.

I had to pull back my seat so she doesn't suffocate or feel uncomfortable.

Her cold hands cups my face with a pout on her lips which clearly shows that she is trying her best to not cry she looks at me with those painful orbs, my eyes are filling up again at the thought of leaving Inaya.

"I am sorry" I mumble feeling disgusted over myself, I should have known that something was wrong with me, just because of me asking her to marry she is now a part of my shitty life. I am always a black mark I should have known that I am not right person for. Even if aunty convinced me I should have known I am not worth anyone and I can only give pain to everybody.

"I am sorry" I again mumble but this time I cannot help but sob and choke on my own words, I was always an unworthy person and now I am dragging Inaya in my unworthy shitty life. I am good for nothing but to create problem and here I am dragging this innocent with me in my problems.

I hate myself.

She shakes her head but takes me in her arms without any other thought, I hug her tightly as if my life depends on that hug as she does the same.

She runs her fingers up and down my hair to clam me but chokes on her own tears, so I pull away to wipe her tears "shh stop crying sweetheart" I speak while wiping my own tears which does not look like they will stop anytime soon.