Chapter 35 | Accident

Zaarib's pov
~A week later~

I sharp my pencil with my eyes set attentively on the diagram finding if I missed some line to put on the paper. My eyes squinted in interest, I shade the diagram and rub it with my finger to mend the color.

The door of my room opens and Inaya walks in while munching on some chips "finished?" She questions me before flopping on the bed "yeah" I let out slowly before giving the diagram final touches.

"Oh—for godsake!" She let's out a gasp and snatched the book from my hold  "what the hell?!" She sits up straight "Zaarib you know I suck at drawing, make that look ugly and unprofessional, teacher would find in a blink of an eye that it's not my drawing" she glares at me but doesn't stop eyeing the drawing which was supposed to be done by her but she being the lazy ass, acted all cute just so I do her record and well, her cute face worked.

"You take the eraser and make that ugly, I can't do such things" I lay on my back feeling exhausted after drawing for hours, I wasted my time making it look pretty and beautiful and this girl wants me to make it ugly, great!

"Chill I'll do it myself, anyways I am good at that she licks her finger before snatching my pencil from me, I shake my head all used to her behaviour before walking towards the bathroom.

After freshening up, I walk out feeling fresh and good, my eyes lands on the pouting Inaya who looks pissed, I ignore that girl didn't want to join her now.

Without making any noise I leave my room but walk towards the living room to hear some noises and laughs "Assalamu alaikum" I smile politely when I see mamma's friends chitchatting and having a get together. Inaya was first time asked to behave like a daughter in law and made all food by herself for the guest with some help from my mother and that is why I was doing her records.

"Walaikum asalam!" The old lady whose face I familiar with and who is closest to mamma stands up to hug me, to not look disrespectful I move forward to hug her.

"Good Morning aunty" I smile at the most stylish one even at the age of 50, who is not a muslim so it will be disrespectful if I do not greet her in her way "Good Morning to you too darling!" She smiles brightly not looking left out.

"Gosh he looks grown up after marriage" the one who hugged me whose name I do not remember because it was long time back I've seen her she used to come almost every weekend when I was kid, she looks at me lovingly and I chuckle at her sentence "grown up? In what way?"

She squints her eyes as if she reading me "I don't know, you look more mature and manly I feel like you will become a father soon" my smile drops when I hear her, I cough to hide the blood that is rushing to my cheek.

Everybody laughs at her assumption and I also do the same awkwardly feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden, these old aunties will not be happy if they see a laughing and smiling young kid, they will feel at ease only after ruining their mood, gosh they are so irritating.

"Anyways where is your wife?" She questions about Inaya "Finals are coming soon so she is busy preparing for it" I smile at those old woman's who nods in understanding.

I stand up while rubbing my palms on my pants after excusing myself "I've made some sandwiches, you can eat that" my mom speaks and I quickly thank her before rushing towards the kitchen to fill my empty stomach.