Chapter 4, Part IV

Start from the beginning

Yukiharu: Shut it! You probably do know!

Monokuma: Bravo, Yukiharu! I do know the bastard who did it. After all, why else would there be security cameras all over the place?

Kaori: (Then that must mean...!)

Monokuma: Ah, screw it. I hereby order you to investigate.

Ayane: Sir, can I ask-

Monokuma: NOW.

----

(Investigation: Art Gallery)

Immediately, I had noticed the file he had left behind on the floor - he had vanished without a trace. I picked it up to see that it was indeed the latest Monokuma File.

Monokuma File #4: The victim is the Ultimate Gemcutter, Hirou Shinju. The victim's body was discovered in the art gallery. The estimated time of death is 1:30 pm. The cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head. The victim had additionally been inflicted with several second and third-degree burns across their upper body after death.

Daigo: So, what is it?

Kaori: The Monokuma File. From what it says, he was shot dead.

Souta: Shot? Ah, so that explains the hole in his head.

Monokuma File #4 has been added to the Truth Needles.

Ayane: Kaiji Kudo, considering that you are now the closest thing we have to a medical expert, can you tell us about what you noticed on the body?

Kaori: Yes, Kaiji. Tell us.

Kaiji: I was just about to do it already! I don't need you two treating me with kid gloves!

Regardless, he observed the large dead body rather closely, and then disclosed his findings to us.

Kaiji: Smells like wine, apparently.

Kaori: (Wine...? If I remember correctly, wine is surprisingly flammable... Maybe that could be how he was burned...)

Hirou's Body has been added to the Truth Needles.

Madoka: Hey, Kaori. Check this out.

I noticed that the sculpture of a goblet had been knocked off its pedestal and onto the floor. Surprisingly, it was still in mint condition, but the purple liquid inside it had been spilt, both onto the floor and onto what remained of Hirou's suit.

Yukiharu: Monokuma's most likely gonna be pissed at what just happened.

Kaiji: That's the least of his worries. He may potentially end up having to kill us all and end this game. Or worser still, we'll just keep killing each other until 1 remains. Then he'll most likely have to let them go?

Yukiharu: Probably, but still...

Kaori: Shouldn't we take this into consideration?

Emptied Sculpture has been added to the Truth Needles.

Madoka: Yeah. But there's nothing that he could have been burned with. Trust me on this.

Kaori: Then explain this, then.

Lying beside Hirou's corpse was a violet lighter.

Daigo: That's... the same lighter she used! To burn his note.

Madoka: What?! You still remember that?

Daigo: Of course I do remember you manipulating Kaori into giving us a crucial piece of evidence about the Killing Game and then burning it right in front of us.