Chapter 3, Part II

Chapter 3: Best-Laid Schemes, Part II (Daily Life)

----

I had just overheard the beginning of an argument between Masao and Yukiharu. Both of them were outside the former's dorm room, and everybody else was too caught up in their own affairs. So I had to step in and try to break it up before it became violent. After all, nobody here apparently wanted any more bloodshed.

Masao: Fuyumura-kun, please understand.

Yukiharu: You covered up a murder!

Masao: I treated Haruhi's body with the respect it deserved.

Yukiharu: But if you hadn't, then catching Yura would have been far more easier, do ya hear me?

Masao: But we did manage to condemn her-

Yukiharu: I don't fucking care about any of your excuses, Masao!

I needed to intervene. Now.

Kaori: Masao, Yukiharu, stop!

Yukiharu: Oh, so you're here to preach to us?

Masao: What do you want to say, Hotaru-san?

Kaori: I don't want neither of you killing the other.

Masao: ...Fuyumura-kun... do you truly want me dead? I don't want you to die.

Yukiharu: You know what? The only person I want dead here is Monokuma. Kaori's right. We don't want to kill each other after all.

Masao: Then maybe we should put this behind us. Monokuma is our common foe. Do you understand?

Yukiharu: ...I'll think about it. Night.

Masao: Good night, Yukiharu Fuyumura.

Once both of them had went away, I went to my own dorm. I put on my pajamas, crawled into bed, and fell asleep.

----

*DING DONG BING BONG*

Monokuma: Cock-a-doodle-doo! This is Monokuma, reminding you all that it is 7 am and thus nighttime restrictions have been lifted! Unfortunately, nobody's dead! Yet! And remember, come over to the gymnasium at 10 am sharp! You don't want to miss out on what I have to show you! Upupupu~

Of course, this was the new norm for all of us. Brush teeth, wash face, get dressed, go to the mess hall to have breakfast, the usual. Ayane reminded us that we had to be at the gymnasium, and that's where we went when it was time to do so. For all of her hostility towards the rules, Madoka joined us as we entered the large room. Clearly this was an important matter, like a motive reveal.

There were 12 chairs facing the stage, with a large monitor screen behind him, one for each of us students. Monokuma was beckoning us to sit down and face him. Most of us placed ourselves on the seats without resistance, but the three most noted rebels against Monokuma's order: Daigo, Madoka and Yukiharu, were reluctant. Nevertheless, as soon as he made a gesture that reminded me of throwing a spear, they darted onto the chairs.

Monokuma: Good, good, good. Now everyone has their eyes peeled for what I'm about to show you!

Luka: We're going to watch a video, you say?

Monokuma: Yes, yes, yes, that's exactly what I'm going to show you! Keep your butts glued to your seats, 'cuz this is a big fucking deal! Got it?

No response or objection came from any of us, prompting Monokuma to nod his head. He then took out a remote, turned towards the screen, and pressed a button on it. Thus, the screen flickered to life, and we were treated to a cruel sight.